LETTER: 3 ‘Very Large’ Coyotes Spotted Near 24th SW & SW 150th Wed. Night

Just wanted to let you know that we spotted three very large coyotes running eastward near 24th and SW 150th this evening (through our yard).

We didn’t hear them at all, but were quite surprised to see them.

No photos, they were too fast!

They seemed quite steathy and definitely on a mission.

We wanted to keep people in the neighborhood aware.

Thanks,
Cindy Waddington

[Have something you’d like to share with our 50,000+ Readers? Please send us your Letter to the Editor via email. Include your full name, and, pending our review, we’ll most likely publish it.]

Comments

7 Responses to “LETTER: 3 ‘Very Large’ Coyotes Spotted Near 24th SW & SW 150th Wed. Night”
  1. Maria says:

This is old news…. The coyotes are everywhere! Wish more people knew about them tho and odds are if you have a missing cat well… You know.

2. Peggy Meyer says:

Seen and heard on 25th SW and SW 146th, as well, a couple of weeks ago.

3. Rebecca Dare says:

We’ve had some coyote concerts in the middle of the night in the woods just south of us (26th SW off of 152nd). Gets the neighborhood dogs all excited. We keep our cat in all the time, much to his unhappiness. In spite of the potential threat to outdoor pets, I like the sense of wildness returning.

4. Christine says:

They are around Sylvester Middle school and my street at the base if Three Tree Point too. I wish I could convince them to eat moles…I think they already ate all the outdoor cats that used to do that.

5. Lynnette says:

It was good of Cindy to let everyone know about this. I agree with everyone who posted about being careful to keep their cats safe. I don’t know how many readers realize that coyotes will also attack and kill dogs — and not just small dogs. I have a friend (in another city, near here) who let her dog out, into her fenced yard, one morning only to hear canine screaming SECONDS after she closed the door. A coyote was in her yard, attempting to kill her dog. I’m happy to say that she managed to scare the coyote off and get her dog to the vet in time to save its life. But it was a terrible experience for both her and the dog.

6. liljo says:

My cat of 15 years was (literally) eaten by a coyote last month.
    Very sad, but I guess that is the way the food chain works. 🙁
    KEEP YOUR LITTLE BUDDIES INSIDE!

Gregory Heights/Lake Burien area.

7. othersideofthetracks says:

I`m waiting for them 3 to make their rounds back around Arbor lake and I plan on wearing a coyote fur jacket next winter.