PHOTOS: Discover Burien Awards Dinner Fundraiser Nets $10,000
The results are in, and last Friday night’s Discover Burien Awards Dinner and Silent Auction Fundraiser brought in $10,000!
This is that organization’s annual fundraiser event, and all proceeds will go towards its goal of helping to promote, market and assist local businesses, as well as educate its members.
Last year the total raised was $7,500, making this a 33% increase.
Leadership Awards were given out to;
- Business Leader of the Year – Dan House, Tin Room/Tin Theater
- Student Leader of the Year – Elliott Newsom, Highline High School
- Discover Burien Volunteer of the Year – Margie Gibb
- Team Clean Sweep Recognition of the Year – Doug Query
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year – Highline Schools Foundation
One of the evening’s other recipients was the Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence, which received $1,450 in donations.
The evening was held at the Burien Community Center, and hosted by Discover Burien Board Member and B-Town Blog Publisher/Editor Scott Schaefer, who takes full credit for the increase:
“It’s all because I was such a bad host that they actually donated money to make me stop talking,” Schaefer said.
Here are photos from the event as shot by Michael Brunk. You can click individual thumbnails to view the full size image.