It’s Cove to Clover Day! Here’s some last-minute info you might need
Today (Sunday, March 11) is the big Cove to Clover Fundraiser Race Day (we’re a Sponsor), and to help you prepare here are some last minute reminders:
- Did you set your clock ahead one hour? Daylight Savings Time kicked in last night at 2 a.m.! Don’t be the Dunderhead who shows up an hour late!
- The 10K starts at 12:30 p.m. at the Normandy Park Town Center; NOTE: THERE IS NO SHUTTLE TO 10K Startline!
- 5K starts at 1 p.m. at the Normandy Park Swim Club
- Wee Race (1 mile flat course) starts at 1:40 p.m. at St. Francis Church (perfect for first timers and kids)
- ALL Race-day Registration and Packet Pick-up @ Burien Town Square 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- FREE SHUTTLE from Registration to both 5K and Wee Race start lines.
- FREE GEAR CHECK near Registration.
- Park at finish line, register, check-in your stuff, ride the FREE Tours Northwest shuttle to the start line party, run, return to Big Tent for Entertainment!
- REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK-UP AT BURIEN TOWN SQUARE! Race day registration and packet pickup (5K, 10K and Wee Race) is at to Burien Town Square Park from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Here’s more from the C2C website:
Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-up – Sunday, March 11 – NOTICE: ALL race-day registration (including 10K) and packet pickup is at Burien Town Square from 10 a.m – 12:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT: NO REGISTRATION AT THE 5K/10K/Wee start lines!! SHOW UP at your startline with your race # and timing chip in hand.
5K / Wee Race
USE THE FREE SHUTTLE!!! Free gear check provided at finish line. Ride the free shuttle to either 5K or Wee race the start lines. Free indoor entertainment at the start line from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 pm. Free coffee at 5K start line provided by Burien Press. Sorry, no dogs allowed on the shuttle.
NO SHUTTLE for 10K!!! Free gear check provided at finish line. Pick up registration on Sat or Sunday (early) and drive to the Normandy Park Towne Center. Sorry for the inconvenience (too complicated to change).
Okay but please start at the back of the pack.
Finish Line Party
Mick Kelly’s Charity Beer Garden, Free Kid’s Root Beer Garden, Live Celtic Entertainment, plus Trevor Ras/Boomerang Summer from 3 – 5 p.m. (details here). Free Hot Dogs kids sporting their runner bib #.
SHUTTLE – Provided Free to 5K / Wee Startlines from Finish Line
Shuttles should be taken from Burien Town Square to the start lines from 10 am to 1:20 pm. Live band will be entertaining at the 5K start line for early arrivals. Shuttle drops off at both the Family Race and 5K start lines. (Parking extremely limited at the 5K start line. PLEASE USE THE FREE Tours Northwest SHUTTLE)
Free Race Day GEAR CHECK
Before jumping on the shuttle to head to the startline party, check your gear at the free gear check.
- Pets are allowed but please be at the back of the pack for safety of all runners.
- Wheelchairs? There is an official wheelchair for each race. Wheelchair athletes will start 5 minutes prior to the general wave in each race.
And lastly, be sure to smile and look good for our three Photographers, who will be positioned at
- Top of Snake Hill (Scott Schaefer)
- The Uprising (Michael Brunk)
- The Finish Line (David Sharpe)
And check back to The B-Town Blog after the race for race results and photos!
Have a great day everyone!