PHOTO: 24-year old Man crashes truck into utility pole, gets busted for DUI

BTB Reader Rob Mood sent us the pic above, taken Tuesday night (March 13) on 152nd near 18th in Burien.

According to Rob, the truck “lost control some distance east of 18th, then stopped abruptly at the utility pole after crossing lanes going in the wrong direction.”

Three Burien Police and one King County cruiser responded, and two people were inside the vehicle; neither injured seriously.

Both were transported from the scene by Burien PD – the driver in handcuffs.

According to Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff’s Office, the 24-year old male driver was arrested for DUI.

Comments

11 Responses to “PHOTO: 24-year old Man crashes truck into utility pole, gets busted for DUI”
  1. Curious says:

It looks like a company truck, what company allows its employees to drive after drinking????

2. Erik Robbins says:

Speeding along this stretch of 152nd is out of control. Posted 30 MPH including a school zone. I estimate most vehicles driving 45+. Granted he was DUI but I see the speeding on a daily basis. They both were lucky to walk away from this one. They actually let the female passenger take a walk home. The driver was pretty sauced.

• Robyn says:

Even though this accident was caused from drinking and driving, people are driving far to fast in Burien. I live 1 block off of 152nd and travel it daily where I observe people constantly speeding down 152nd toward Burein or heading west into Seahurst. Also, cars coming up from Maplewild into Seahurst are usually traveling to fast by the post office, coffee stand and school. Their driving down the sidestreets like it’s a freeway and it needs to STOP!

3. Wanker says:

If it’s too fast, or too loud, you’re too old!

4. arexseven says:

i bet everybody that post’s on here speed’s on that road! don’t be a fool!

5. justacook says:

Hey Wanker
    -I’m not too old to beat your ass when I see you speeding through my neighborhood, near my children and her classmates walking or riding their bikes home from school!!

• Girthman says:

Hey justacook,

You sound like an angry OLD man. I get your point, but threats and bad language have no place on this blog. Lighten up and try to get out of the kitchen more often…

• justacook says:

you’re right, just making a point-
        having kids automatically makes one old I guess…

6. raquel davis says:

I would hope, however, that most wouldn’t do it drunk like this fool.