BREAKING: Subway Shop will be First Retail Lease in Burien Town Square

ST Residential, owner of Burien’s Town Square condominium/retail complex, has signed a lease for a Subway sandwich shop there, The B-Town Blog confirmed this morning.

This is the first lease of ground floor retail space in the downtown building. An ST Residential spokesman said tenant improvements to accommodate a restaurant should begin soon.

He added that the grand opening of the new Subway shop will probably take place in 90-120 days.

As we learn more about this development, we’ll update the blog, so stay tuned…

Comments

19 Responses to “BREAKING: Subway Shop will be First Retail Lease in Burien Town Square”
  1. VERY TIRED says:

Good deal. Nice to see some growth. 🙂

2. TcB says:

I’m waiting for a Jamba Juice

3. Janet says:

Hardly the trendy little bistro they’d hoped for seven years ago when TS was just a vision.

4. Theresa says:

yuck! another subway. just what we need…

5. Just wondering if the Subway by O’Reilly is staying open or not? There is a new Subway at the Normandy park Town Square and it might be an oversaturation in the area. Something to think about at least?

Joey Martinez

• Rob says:

Geez Joey… do you think one more subway is an oversaturation? They are all over the place.

• elizabeth2 says:

There are no exclusive territorial contracts enforced by Subway so free enterprise is available to those who choose to pursue it.

As long as they pay the rent and fill up a space we should applaud them. Support all our local businesses in an effort to keep Burien as nice as we can.

• Definitely Rob and Elizabeth2. I didn’t mean to sound like I didn’t want them to open! I’ve just never seen two subways so close together. If they both stay open I hope they both succeed!

Joey Martinez

• jimmy says:

there is a Starbucks in the parking lot of safe-way and one in safe-way and one down by 160th and 1st they all seem to be doing fine i know subway is not coffee but people need to eat so hopefully it will work out for who ever runs it

• Coverofnight says:

Will be interesting to see if they have a friendlier staff than the one by O’Reilly’s – that’s the reason I go to Quizno’s.

6. Erik Robbins says:

I want a Zeeks pizza in Burien!!! That would be a perfect spot for one.

7. Rob says:

I think it is a good thing. While not a Subway aficionado myself, nice to see someone move in.

8. Sigh says:

well at this rate we should see total occupancy in about 2060

9. SubLover says:

The one next to O’Reilly needs to to close. They make sub-standard subs and service is awful. I live a couple blocks away at 155th & 3rd and I drive up to 128th or to the new one in Normandy Park when my family wants Subway.

• TcB says:

128th makes good ones. I had a bad experience with my stomach with a subway made downtown Seattle on Denny so it’ll be awhile until I feel I can overcome that. But I’m glad they’re moving in, it will attract a nice trendy bistro to move in next to them

10. Really? says:

Oh come on…. No foot long jokes?