B-TOWN BIZ: White Center’s Full Tilt Ice Cream Looking to Expand Into Burien

Full Tilt Ice Cream owner Justin Cline told The B-Town Blog Friday (April 27) that he’s considering expanding his growing, local ice cream business into downtown Burien.

“We think Burien would be a god market to move into,” Cline said. “We just need a good spot with decent foot traffic.”

Cline said that he’s looking for a retail storefront in Burien with at least 1,200 square feet, room for a kitchen, good foot traffic and most likely located on SW 152nd Street. So far he’s been investigating the space formerly housed by The House Restaurant (643 SW 152nd Street), as well as where B-Town Burgers used to be located, at 822 SW 152nd Street.

If any of our Readers happen know of any available locations that might suit Cline’s needs, please contact him at justin@fulltilticecream.com.

Full Tilt has been operating in White Center since 2008, and specializes in artisan ice cream (including vegan versions), pinball, vintage video games, live music, art, beer, and it’s always all-ages. The original store is located in the heart of White Center at 9629 16th Ave SW, and they recently opened in Columbia City and the University District.

They specialize in unique ice cream flavors, including vegan ones:

• Ube
  • Lemon Lavender
  • Salted Licorice
  • Maple Walnut
  • Green Tea
  • Butter Toasted Hazelnut
  • Blackberry Cinnamon

More info about Full Tilt is available at their website or on their Facebook Page.

Here are a couple of videos about this growing local biz:

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

Comments

25 Responses to “B-TOWN BIZ: White Center’s Full Tilt Ice Cream Looking to Expand Into Burien”
  1. TcB says:

Near Elliot Bay Brewery? Near the Grand Central?

2. Burienite@gmail.com says:

My vote would be where the House restaurant used to be. The place where B-Town Burgers is (was?) may be a bit small.

BTW, what is the deal with B-Town Burgers? I seriously hope they open back up. I think it was a good business scheme. Would love to have me some of those tasty burgers!

3. Greg Duff says:

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of going to the Full Tilt, you are missing out. My family loves the ice cream and playing pinball machines. The people of Burien need your store in our community, Justin. Welcome.

4. Brooks says:

Thank god! But this will require more exercise for some of us.

5. Eric says:

No better ice cream anywhere!

6. Lee Moyer says:

Sure it’s a great company, but Burien beware. Thjis may be just a well concealed attempt by that great North Highline Conspiricy to infiltrate Burien. The next thing you know, more of them will want in and pretty soon all of White Center will want to join Burien. It is the dumbinoe theory in action.

7. Mark Bruce says:

I think they should go in where Village Woodworks used to be. Perfect location, lots of windows and light, and lots of room for pinball machines.

8. Mykal says:

I always wanted to go check this place out, but never really stopped by since I am vegan and don’t eat ice cream. But thanks to this article, I just found out that they carry VEGAN ICE CREAM and LOCAL BEERS! I had no idea. Count me in for the ENTIRE SUMMER!

9. Shari says:

I like the Village Woodworks idea, too. Also thinking this might be a flagship business in Town Square. Good timing on this– great opportunity for Full Tilt to contribute to GiveBig tomorrow at the Tin Room to show their support of our great local Burien nonprofits and demonstrate their commitment to being committed community members and generate even more good PR and community goodwill.

10. Jack Block Jr. says:

I’ve been bugging Jason for a while to come to Burien, this just made my day! I too would love to see him locate at the old Village Woodworks/Jaffe shoes site. I think it would be awesome for Full Tilt to have a large location with lots of pinball machines and old arcade games. Unfortunately, I don’t know if they would generate enough business to cover the cost of the lease. Maybe they could talk Mark and Erin at Burien Press to partner with him on the site. That would be cool: awesome ice cream and coffee at one central location with a ton of bitchin’ pinball machines and wifi.

11. fridgeisrunning says:

maybe they could go where The Mark is, & we can finally have something good in that spot

12. Coverofnight says:

My only suggestion is a location where that parking enforcement clown won’t be ticketing people who want to spend time and money having fun at this establishment.

A better suggestion……how about doing away completely with parking enforcement? Do we really need it? It’s probably costing more to operate that than the revenues it brings in (remember the red light cameras fiasco?).

13. Bob Price says:

After looking at Tcb and Lee Moyer comments I am sure glad that there are still people that can think. Its obvious that these 2 narrow minded selfish people want the world to live in their little narrow minded mold. Thank God for people like the Full Tilt owner that enjoys life and spreads his great thinking around. Tcb and Lee sure do show their lack of class and their narrow minds. Thanks Bob Price

• TcB says:

I absolutely cannot believe that you made a personal attack on me for suggesting that they locate near the Elliot Bay Brewery or possibly near the Grand Central. What the hell is wrong with you?

• Lee Moyer says:

I always wondered who actyally needed canned laughter on comedy programs and “LOL” on the web to show them when they were supposed to laugh at a joke. I guess satire is too subtle and name calling is a more appropriate technique for some readers of this blog.

14. Erik Robbins says:

Cool. That would be a great addition!! Can’t wait. Can we get a Zippys next??

• thealterego says:

I was glad when they moved zippys from that tiny little lot with no parking
      to White Center where they could at least park 3 cars,,
      (the fire dept gets a little pissed when they can`t get their trucks out because their doors are blocked by people waiting for their order from zippys. hehehehe)
      But at any rate, give it a little while, they just may be part of Burien if the great north highline conspiracy theory takes effect.
      Poor bastards anyways. *lol*

15. Jay says:

Ice Cream and coffee and Zippy’s…….. What a wonderful world it would be!

16. Eaton B. Verz says:

It’s probably a joke. Calm down.

17. Greg Duff says:

I have always wondered why the Thursday market has some ice cream shop from out of town and not Full Tilt. When I asked the information people at the market, they said they could have only one ice cream vendor and the other place was first on the list. I would not mind having two ice cream vendors at the market. What happened to healthy competition?

• Feisty1 says:

8 different Flower Vendors….City is full of Ice Cream

• ATKMH says:

I agree Greg, we have more flower vendors than we need. Let’s have more vendors that attract families.

18. TcB says:

Notwithstanding some of the very strange people who are in this town (maybe) and comment on this blog I look forward to a place with vintage video games and ice cream!