Burien’s Annual Wild Strawberry Festival Will Be June 16-17 & Here’s the Schedule
Burien’s annual Wild Strawberry Festival (we’re a Sponsor) will be held the weekend of June 16-17 at Town Square Park, with lots of great live music, performers, arts, crafts, food, vendors and more!
As usual, your original (and award-winning) B-Town Bloggers will be ‘blogging live’ from a tent at the fest, as well as playing all-local music from SoKing Internet Radio, so be sure to make a point of finding our booth.
Also, here’s a promo video that was just released by our friends at Burien Parks:
And here’s the schedule:
SATURDAY, June 16:
Town Square Stage (152nd & 5th)
10:00 – 10:30am: Momentum Dance
10:45 – 11:30: Highline Community Symphonic Band
11:45 – 12:15pm: New City Dance
12:30 – 1:15pm: Youth and Senior Chiors of Northwest Associated Arts
1:30 – 2:30pm: The Jangles
3:00 – 4:00pm: Global Heat
4:30 – 6:00: Strawberry Jam Break Dance Battle
10:30 – Noon: Blues with PK Dwyer
Noon – 2:00pm: Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana
Noon – 4:00pm: Stiltwalking by Just Sage
1:30 – 2:30pm: Bubbleman
3:00 – 3:45pm: Alex Zerbe Kids Show–Library Lobby
4:15 – 5:15pm: Alex Zerbe on the fest grounds!
4:00 – 5:30pm: Americana Folk by Blvd Park
SUNDAY, June 17:
10:00 – 4:00pm: Storytelling by Allyoop in the Turtle Theater
11:00 – 3:00pm: The Laff mater–Mr Mario!
11:30 – 1:30pm: Snake Suspenderz–old timey jazz music
12:30-1 & 2-2:30pm: RopeWorks –amazing jump rope demos!
2:00 – 4:00pm: Soft Island Sounds
Burien Parks and Recreation Demo Tent Saturday and Sunday
And all weekend long:
- Games & Activities–Find games & activities at vendor booths!
- Spray Park–Bring a towel and play in the Town Square Park fountain!
- The Bubble Man – Saturday 1:30-2:30
- Hands On Art Booth – Make superhero costumes, fabulous hats and ties for fathers day!
- Lego Booth
- Touch a Truck on 150th Street
- Performer Alex Zerbe -Library lobby on Saturday from 3:00-3:45– sponsored by the Burien Library Guild
- Turtle Theater – Storytelling on Sunday by Alleyoop
- Face Painting
- And more! Check the event website for up to the minute information.
You can also download a high-res Poster here (PDF file) which you can print yourself and post.