The first weekend of June is traditionally one where residents start getting into the groove of getting ready for summer, or getting ready for a typical ‘June Gloom.’
We are siding with the former ourselves, as we can feel the radiation from the sun even when it’s cloudy.
It feels goooooood.
So join us, won’t you, in celebrating Summer 2012 a bit early and getting out and shopping in a community yard sale, partying to support local fireworks, a waterfront Farmers Market at the Des Moines Marina (with a strongman/woman competition!), looking at crabs on Seahurst Beach with Naturalists, walking Burien’s ‘Indian Trail’ or many other great activities!
FRIDAY, JUNE 1:
- Deadline to Request Changes to City’s Comprehensive Plan 
- Shop at the Shorewood ‘Street of Sales’ this Saturday, June 2 
- Support Local Fireworks at ’3 Tree Pint’ Fundraiser at Bison Creek Friday, June 1 
SATURDAY, JUNE 2:
- Shorewood Neighborhood’s Community Yard Sale will be Saturday, June 2 
- Des Moines Waterfront Farmers Market Opening June 2 at North End of Marina 
- Donate Used Musical Instruments at Opening Day of Des Moines Farmers Market 
- Watch ‘Washington’s Strongest Apple’ Opening Day of Des Moines Farmers Market 
SUNDAY, JUNE 3:
- Environmental Science Center’s FREE ‘Bigfoot Beach: Crab Quest’ is Sunday 
- Explore Burien’s ‘Indian Trail’ at the Next Walk-n-Talk this Sunday, June 3 
MONDAY, JUNE 4:
- Local Bed & Breakfasts Seeking Gently-Used Linens for Hospitality House June 4-9 
- Young Artists to Perform & Showcase their Work at Arts Extravaganza June 4 
To see more local events in the area’s most up-to-date Events Calendar, click here .Facebook Twitter Subscribe