VIDEOS: Celebrate Start of Summer at Burien’s Wild Strawberry Festival
Everyone is invited to Burien’s FREE Wild Strawberry Festival (we’re a Sponsor and we’ll be there again, blogging live) on Saturday & Sunday, June 16-17 at the festival’s downtown location at Town Square Park!
An amazing number of fun activities will be featured, including:
- Saturday Strawberry Breakdance Competition that will include a full day of breakdance competitions; workshops for all, and final battles on the Town Square Stage (more details here).
- Carnival Days hosted by Discover Burien, with rides and games for all ages.
- New ‘Touch a Truck’ event-SW 150th will be filled will all types of fun vehicles for kids to explore.
- Games at many of the vendor booths.
- And of course we’ll be “blogging live” at our usual B-Town Blog booth, where we’ll also be playing all-local music from SoKing Internet Radio!
The Festival kicks off with the annual Kiwanis Club’s Pancake Breakfast at the Burien Fire Station.
Discover Burien’s popular Father’s Day Car Show & Chili Cook-Off will again be held on Sunday and conveniently located right next to the activities.
Fabulous music, strolling comedians, dancers, puppeteers, storytelling and community performers will be a mainstay of the event, along with delicious food booths, great shopping, and the Festival’s signature strawberry shortcake!
Here are some videos of just a few of the performers scheduled to appear (we’ll be posting more as the event gets closer so stay tuned…):
SATURDAY, JUNE 16:
Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana (Noon – 2 p.m., wandering through the fest):
SUNDAY, JUNE 17:
Manooghi Hi (2:30-3:45 p.m., Town Square Stage):
FYI, you can also hear Manooghi Hi on SoKing Internet Radio!
Town Square Park is located at the intersection of SW 152nd St and 5th Ave SW. We encourage you to walk, bike and bus to the festival! The festival is produced by the City of Burien and supported by Waste Management, King County Library System, Allied Waste, St Residential, Burien Press, 4 Culture, The Highline Times and The B-Town Blog.
For a full entertainment schedule and up to date information, go to WildStrawberryFestival.org or call Burien Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Services at (206) 988-3700.