FREE Electronics Recycling Event Coming to Windermere Burien June 23
The folks at Windermere Burien will be holding a Free Electronics Recycling Event from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 23 at their office at 401 SW 152nd.
“Bring your recyclable items (working or not!) to the event,” reads a poster. “All recycling services are FREE!!”
Electronics being accepted at this event include:
- Computer parts
- Computer Batteries, etc.
- Appliances, Washers/dryers, refrigerators, water heaters, etc.
- Stereos, CD, DVD, VHS,cassette players, speakers, etc
- Televisions, monitors, any size, etc.
- Bicycles, motorcycles, cars, trucks, car-boat motorcycle batteries,etc
- Barbecues (no propane thanks pls!)
- Lawn movers (pls empty gasoline and oil!)
- Fitness equipment, Medical equipment ,etc.
Proceeds from recycled raw materials fund operations and benefit local charities, homeless shelters, and food banks. Seattle Children’s Hospital and St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital are among those assisted through your recycling donations.
“This event will serve as Windermere’s Community Service Day Project this year.,” said Matt Klewin. “We are combining this with a food drive for our local Highline area food bank. Food banks get low on supplies in the summertime. Every year, each Windermere office has an event in their community of one kind or another (can be painting a low income seniors home or doing a food drive etc…).”