Deadline to Renew Pet Licenses is Saturday, June 30

Pet owners are reminded that the deadline to renew Pet Licenses in Burien is Saturday, June 30.

The license period runs from July 1 to June 30, and basic fees are payable to the City of Burien:

• $20.00 if altered
  • $50.00 if not altered

*NOTE: Residents 65 years of age and older may obtain a special permanent license for the lifetime of their altered pet for a one time charge of $15 (not available online).

Proof of spay/neuter must be presented.

To renew or purchase a pet license, visit at City Hall (400 SW 152nd St., 3rd floor), or at the CARES facility at 909 SW 151st St., or online.

You can also license your pet online here.

Comments

10 Responses to “Deadline to Renew Pet Licenses is Saturday, June 30”
  1. Greg Duff says:

I received my pet license renewal and I had to mark “deceased” on it as we lost our 16 year old black lab, Emma, a couple of months ago. Broke my heart all over again.

• Joey Martinez says:

So sorry to hear Greg, I had to do the same thing with my dog “Toby” this year, too. I do get to fill out a new registration for my new dog Gracie-Mae, however.

Joey Martinez

• Shari says:

Most excellent name, Joey! I say that because that’s the exact name I gave my rescue puppy 11 years ago when I adopted her from my local shelter. (My G. knows she’s in trouble when I use both the Gracie and the Mae parts). Here’s hoping the name brings you both as much luck and happiness as it has us.

• Joey Martinez says:

Thanks Shari! Same with my pup! When she hears her full name she knows she’s in trouble! I Normally call her “gorgeous” because while this is only my opinion I do believe she is the most beautiful dog in the world!

Joey Martinez

2. Feralcat says:

Pet license fees go towards what again?

• mike says:

Frivolous crap like CARES. Just sayin.

• Brian says:

Thats why I wont renew it until they clean up thier act.

• MoJo says:

The City of Burien requires pet owners to purchase a license annually* for all dogs and cats 6 months of age or older. The license period runs from July 1 through June 30. Licenses purchased after July 31 are charged a $10 late fee. The fees are payable to the City of Burien.

Looks like the pet licenses go towards the CITY OF BURIEN. NOT CARES….

3. btowner says:

So the City takes in the fee’s for all those dogs and cats, but only passes 120k a year onto CARES? Someone on here, recently mentioned 20,000 pets in the city of Burien.The money should be there for top notch animal control, with that kind of money.

4. Vicki Hurley says:

btowner makes a very good point. On MONDAY, JUNE 18th at 7:00, the city council will meet in the BURIEN LIBRARY MEETING ROOM. One of the things they will be covering is the present non-animal control situation. EVERYONE who is upset about this sitution, please, please make time to be there! You do not need to speak or anything. Simply having the council chamber packed with people who want to once again have animal control in Burien will go a long way toward ending the “do-it-yourself” experiment.