VIDEOS: Some More Sneak Peeks of Wild Strawberry Fest Performers + Map
We’re just a few days away from Burien’s annual Wild Strawberry Festival (this Saturday-Sunday), and you can already see the carnival rides being assembled (for a Thursday opening), so we figured it was time to do another post showing some of the performers we’re looking forward to.
The Fest runs this Saturday, June 16, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, June 17, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Burien Town Square Park, located at SW 152nd and 5th Place SW.
On Sunday, we have it on good authority that here will very likely be a Farmers Market, as well as Storytelling for kids in a giant blow-up Turtle Theater.
And don’t forget the Father’s Day Car Show and Carnival also!
As we have been for the past four years, The B-Town Blog will be a Sponsor, which means we’ll have a booth (we’ll be blogging live), just to the east of the Main Stage near the City Hall/Library building, so be sure to find time to drop by for some FREE candy (please note that we’re not above bribing our Readers!).
Some of the cooler events worth seeing include:
SATURDAY – Town Square Stage (152nd & 5th):
- 10:00 – 10:30am: Momentum Dance
- 10:45 – 11:30: Highline Community Symphonic Band
- 11:45 – 12:15pm: New City Dance
- 12:30 – 1:15pm: Youth and Senior Chiors of Northwest Associated Arts
- 1:30 – 2:30: The Jangles
- 3:00 – 4:00: Global Heat
- 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Strawberry Jam Break Dance Battle: “5 on 5 All Styles,” and a IBE style “All Battles All” generations bboy/bgirl (old skool vs. new skool) Crew battle and kids dance workshops. This event will take place outside during the Burien Strawberry Festival. In the event of rain the event will be moved to an adjacent parking garage. More info here: http://www.facebook.com/
- 10:30 – Noon: Blues with PK Dwyer
- Noon – 2:00: Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana
- Noon – 2:00: The Hi-Liners
- Noon – 4:00: Stiltwalking by Just Sage
- 1:30 – 2:30: Bubbleman
- 3:00 – 3:45: Alex Zerbe Kids Show–Library Lobby
- 4:15 – 5:15: Alex Zerbe on the fest grounds!
- 4:00 – 5:30: Americana Folk by Blvd Park
SATURDAY & SUNDAY:
- Touch a Truck event on SW 150th Street: Vehicles from the Fire and Police Departments and Public Works for kids to explore!
SNEAK PEEK MAP:
We’re probably not supposed to publish this because it’s a map for Sponsors and Vendors, but what the heck – here’s a Map for the Fest (click image to see larger version, but don’t tell anyone you saw it here first…):