Environmental Science Center’s ‘Bigfoot Birds’ Program Will Be June 23
Burien’s Environmental Science Center (ESC) will be hosting a FREE program on birding in the Northwest on Saturday, June 23rd from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Wildlife photographer and active member of the Rainier Audubon Society, Dan Streiffert will be presenting a program on attracting and viewing native birds.
There will also be activities to engage younger guests while adults learn about ways to enhance their own backyard for wildlife viewing. A short bird walk at Seahurst Park will follow the program.
Space is limited, so please register by emailing your name and phone number to Outreach@EnvScienceCenter.org or by calling 206-248-4266.
The program will be held at the Environmental Science Center at Seahurst Park.
- To get to Seahurst Park, from Ambaum Blvd SW turn west on SW 144th Street, then right on 13th Ave SW.
- Then just follow that road as it curves and becomes SW 140th Street and goes downhill to the shore.
- There is some parking very near the end, if that is full there is additional parking part way up the hill.
- The nearest parking is about 200 yards from the building.
- There is a path and a gravel road that go north from the end of the parking lot along the shore.
- Our new building is at the beach along the path just before the Marine Technology Center (building with blue roof).
For more information about the Environmental Science Center visit: www.envsciencecenter.org.