Burien Key Bank Robbed Monday; Suspect Escapes on Foot

The King County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed what many BTB Readers and Facebook Fans told us this afternoon – the Key Bank located in the 17800 block of First Ave South in Normandy Park Burien (map below) was robbed Monday afternoon (June 25).

“Around 3:30 p.m., a white male presented a note at the Key Bank,” said Sgt. Cindi West of the KCSO. “He was described as a white male, 20’s, thin build, wearing a grey baseball cap and brown sweatshirt.”

Several Readers alerted us to major police activity near the bank, but according to West, the suspect escaped on foot, with unknown amount of cash, and is still at large.

View Larger Map

Comments

15 Responses to “Burien Key Bank Robbed Monday; Suspect Escapes on Foot”
  1. Wowzer says:

Isn’t the east side of the street down there in Burien?

2. Burien says:

Correct, Normandy Park doesn’t even have a bank. This was inside the city limits of Burien.

3. William Forest says:

We need more police presence in Burien. How many more warning signs is Mike Martin going to ignore before he does something about it?

• Ruthie says:

sure, William – there should be a Cop in front of every bank, all the time, to deter this kind of thing !

• William Forest says:

Ruthie are you saying you think we have adequate police presence in Burien?

• Lee Moyer says:

It is probably because of the possible White Center annexation. The poor Burien bank robbers figure they better do it now before they have all that competition from the White Center bank robbers.

4. Seahurst says:

How does this happen? I do a little banking at the Key Bank Branch on 152nd in Burien. Whenever I enter I am always greeted by a security guard who, from what I have observed, watches transactions very closely. Is this not SOP at all branches???

• heidi says:

Those Security Guards don’t do nothing….and they only have them there some of the time….WC is the same way…..And I believe that they are just there(to try to discourage anyone who is thinking of robbing the bank,), if something like this does happen, I believe they are to not react, which does not make since….. They are hired by Key Bank Corp.

5. mike ess says:

where can i get more a more detailed suspect description? i may know who this was… :S

6. lorraine drake says:

hi I realize that police officers are busy. but this is the 3rd time we have seen a man going to the bathroom in burien.. behind aztecca and value villiage. last time he removed his pants in the bushes and squatted. he is wearing a baseball cap grey checkered shirt and bothers everyone. we waited cops never show up. really whacky drinking liquid from a small glass bottle when we report him we always get a snotty lady on the phone and wants to know more info about me then the man or whatever he is

• FED UP in Burien says:

He probably lives with the other homeless people in the field/brush/trees behind the bowling alley. Maybe they should put a Honey Bucket back there. I also feel interrogated when I call to report something I see. The community and the police are suppose to work together to improve our neighborhoods, not against each other.

7. Loren says:

Amen!! I called the cops and the 911 operator was a complete snot and wanted to know all about me instead of the crime that was being committed right in front of me.
    Fire them all and outsource it to India!!!

8. BurienResident says:

I’m just wondering if the police have checked to see if this is the same robber who hit the Key Bank in White Center….the description sounds very similar.