Celebrate Independence Day with Some Bike Racing Through Downtown Burien
What’s a better way to celebrate our country’s independence from England than by zooming at precariously high speeds through downtown Burien in the 37th Annual Joe Matava Memorial Classic Bike Race?
While you’re thinking about that, be aware that the 37th Annual Joe Matava Memorial Classic Criterium & WA State Juniors Criterium Championship will be held before the 88th Annual Independence Day Parade in Burien on Wednesday, the 4th of July.
Racing starts at 7:30 a.m. and continues until around 2:30 p.m. (the parade starts at 3 p.m.).
The race will speed along a flat, 4-corner, 0.6-mile long course through downtown Burien.
And new this year, Organizers are partnering with the Northwest Chapter of Paralyzed Veterans of America, located in downtown Burien right along the race route. This is a great group to support—and contributions will be accepted on their behalf (in addition to entry fees), that will go directly to NWPVA and will be fully tax deductible. Also, for the 2nd year they will have a Hand Cycle Race in which some of the PVA members will be participating.
- Registration will open at 6 a.m. on July 4.
- The first 5 PRE-REGISTERED riders to check-in will receive a $5 gift card to Burien Press!
- ALL PRE-REGISTERED riders MUST CHECK IN to ensure finalized start list is accurate.
- Open/Masters $30+TAX= $32.85 $35.62+TAX= $39
- Juniors $15+TAX= $16.43 $18.26+TAX= $20
- KIDS races are free!! (2:15 pm start time.)
To register for the race, click here. Pre-Registration will close on Monday, July 2nd at Midnight. Men’s Category 5 & Women’s Category 4: $10 will be added for ONE-DAY License.
For more information, visit the race website here.