As we usually do on the 4th of July, we set up a time lapse Plantcam on top of a cabana owned by Barbara Clevenger, overlooking the intersection of SW 172nd and Maplewild Ave SW in Burien’s Three Tree Point neighborhood.
From sunrise (5:18 a.m.) to sunset (9:09 p.m.), shooting one frame every 30 seconds for over 15 hours, we compressed an entire day into 2:44.
This video was Produced/Edited by BTB Publisher/Editor Scott Schaefer.
- Overnighters in sleeping bags behind the jersey barrier
- The rush to (and from) the Community Breakfast
- The kid’s procession
- When the Burien Police Department shows up
- When Scott changes the battery in the camera (what color shirt is he wearing?)
- Sun setting (a black dot due to the weak digital chip in the camera)
- And…can you spot yourself Waldo?
(for best results, view at 720p in full-screen mode):
And just for comparison’s sake, here are the previous two year’s time lapses from the same spot:Facebook Twitter Subscribe