Environmental Science Center’s ‘Bigfoot Adventure Series’ Continues Saturday
Burien’s Environmental Science Center’s ongoing summer program Bigfoot Adventure Series continues this Saturday, July 14, from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., with ‘The Power of Plants.’
“Food, medicine, clothing, shelter, and beauty. Plants do it all!” reads an announcement. “Learn about plant uses from herbal scientist, Vicki Winston. Then, join a naturalist for a native plant hike at Seahurst Park.”
No registration is required, and the program will be held at the Environmental Science Center at Seahurst Park.
- To get to Seahurst Park, from Ambaum Blvd SW turn west on SW 144th Street, then right on 13th Ave SW.
- Then just follow that road as it curves and becomes SW 140th Street and goes downhill to the shore.
- There is some parking very near the end, if that is full there is additional parking part way up the hill.
- The nearest parking is about 200 yards from the building.
- There is a path and a gravel road that go north from the end of the parking lot along the shore.
- ESC’s new building is at the beach along the path just before the Marine Technology Center (building with blue roof).
For more information about the Environmental Science Center, please visit www.envsciencecenter.org.