PHOTOS: The Black Crabs Kick Off Music In The Park Rockabilly Style
Burien’s Music In The Park summer concert series kicked off with a bang last Thursday as local band The Black Crabs brought their musical stylings to Lake Burien School Park.
With an estimated audience of nearly 500 folks and perfect weather, it was a magnificent beginning to this year’s summer music.
The fine people from Full Tilt Ice Cream are back this year serving up their cold and tasty treats. An taco truck vendor was also expected but didn’t show, hopefully they’ll be put in an appearance at future shows.
Here’s what you have to look forward to for the rest of the series. And note that there are two locations and two different nights happening:
North SeaTac Park
S 128th Street & 20th Avenue S
- July 18 — Jonny Conga / Afro-Cuba/Caribbean Drumming & Latin Jazz
- July 25 — Coco Loco / Latin Fiesta
- August 1 — Bottle Rockit / Rock Party Band
- August 8 — Boys of Greenwood Glen / Bluegrass
Lake Burien School Park
SW 148th & 16th Ave SW
- July 19 — Show Brazil / Brazillian Bossa Nova
- July 26 — The Winterlings / Americana & Folk
- August 2 — Pearl Django / Gypsy Jazz
- August 9 — Verlee for Ransom / Alternative Pop Rock
- August 16 — Shan Coleman / Reggae Pop
BTB photog Michael Brunk was on hand and shot the following gallery of photos from opening night. You can click individual thumbnails to view them larger.