PHOTOS: Recognize These Cats? Missing Pet Partnership Seeks Help

Jim Branson of the Missing Pet Partnership reports that two kittens and their mother, pictured below, were living under a shed near SW 150th and 6th Ave SW in Burien.

“The property owner asked Missing Pet Partnership for help trapping them,” Branson said. “We caught mom and two babies, and we hope to trap the third one soon.”

“On the slight chance that someone might recognize and claim these cats, I thought I would share the pictures with B-town Blog readers,” he said. “The black one is slightly bigger than the kittens and appears to be their mother.”

So…recognize these kitties? If so, contact Jim at 206-265-2804.

Comments

9 Responses to “PHOTOS: Recognize These Cats? Missing Pet Partnership Seeks Help”
  1. Marianne says:

If by chance these cats are owned, their owner is highly irresponsible and does not deserve to have their cats back. The more likely scenario is that they are feral. Try putting your hand in the traps and see what the cats do, then you will have your answer. I am happy to transport them to the Feral Cay Spay Neuter Project for spay/neuter and release back into their colony. I didn’t know Missing Pet Partnership trapped feral cats. Is CARES housing them? (206) 719-4864

• Jim Branson says:

Missing Pet Partnership does not trap feral cats, usually. I was asked to trap some kittens that the property owner suspected were dumped there. I didn’t know there was a mother there until she appeared in the trap. The mother was spayed yesterday. The third kitten went into the trap last night. A foster home has been arranged, and I hope the kittens can be socialized and adopted.

• Erik Robbins says:

Great news. Good job Jim.

• Feralcat says:

is the feral mom going back to the site where she was trapped?

If the kittens don’t tame well enough to be adoptable what will you do then? Since you stated “you hope the kittens can be socialized”.

FCAT

2. Feralcat says:

Really if you have to trap a cat it is generally feral. Why don’t you put your hand in there and SEE. Also note the nose on that black cat, um that is there because the trap has not been covered or/and she has been in a trap a bit to long.

Um even though you don’t like to work with FCAT I can certainly tell you they are feral, get them fixed and send them BACK.

DO tell what the hell are you going to do with them. OH wait cares is open. oh wait again that’s right they don’t do any thing with ferals. Wait again neither does missing pets partnership. Are you really expecting that someone is actually going step up and claim them? That is laughable.

So again a huge lack of education here.

If this just does screams how inadequate cares is. I don’t know what does.

oh guess what if they cats CAN go back to the site they can be fixed on thursday.

Good luck on “finding the owners”

FCAT

3. Jack Mayne says:

FCAT
    I shouldn’t say this, but I can’t resist.

You say, “Why don’t you put your hand in there and SEE.” I am told by those who know that if you put your hand in there and get a hand back, it ISN’T feral!

I have seen how feral cat seekers dress for success!

• Feralcat says:

DUH ?? Plus I was being a smart ass, knowing full well mpp does not have clue as to what they are doing when it comes to ferals. So why are they asking if they are feral or not??? They should know that if they actually knew what they are doing or they should NOT be trapping.

He says it himself: Branson adds that he can’t really tell if these cats are Feral, or just frightened by the trapping experience.

Or cares should know since they are the shelter. oh yeah they don’t deal with ferals. so what is mmp to do with these cats or the person “who called them” does not want them back. Again what is to happen to them if they are feral????? again question not answered.

so much for being “superior” to KCAC.

again laughable

4. Lindsay says:

They are pretty damn cute. Even if they are feral.

5. Teri Ensley says:

Hi Feralcat,

Just wondering why our group, Furry Faces, was included in your posting made on July 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm. The posting as a whole was very pointed, negative and per your own admission, you were being a Smart-aleck, so why we were mentioned?

Here is the post:
    ‘oh wait what if the FERAL cats can’t go back to that site you TRAPPED them at, do you have a back up plan. oh call furry faces or kitty harbor I am sure they can help.’