First Anniversary ‘Walk-n-Talk’ will Walk/Talk Around Lake Burien Aug. 5
The first anniversary ‘Walk-n-Talk’ will walk and talk its way around the same route it did on its first-ever – Lake Burien – on Sunday, Aug. 5 starting at 2 p.m.
“We’ve been walkin’ and talkin’ together for a year now,” reads a note on WABI Burien’s website. “Wow… How very cool. Think back on the people you’ve met and the conversations you’ve had… the things you’ve seen because you were on foot instead of behind the wheel… Think of how much you look forward to the monthly stroll with neighbors you haven’t even met yet.”
This is a free event open to everyone.
Here are the details:
WHAT: First anniversary ‘Walk-n-Talk’ around Lake Burien.
WHERE: Start at Burien Town Square. Meet at the grassy knoll
WHEN: Sunday, August 5, 2012; Meet at 2:00 p.m. Start walking at 2:15 p.m.
ROUTE: A 2.25 mile loop going west from Burien Town Square, around Lake Burien, and back to Town Square. (Fairly flat, with some sloping areas. Only partial sidewalks provided.)
Click on the map below to view a larger version of the image. Print it out and bring it with you for a walking guide:
Intentions for Burien’s Walk-n-Talk:
- “Encourage active living to support physical and mental health.”
(Part of Burien’s new “Vision”.)
- Initiate conversation between friends and neighbors, new and old.
- Nurture the idea of our Town Square as the “living room” of Burien,
our center and gathering place.
- Create our own little “volksmarch“, in the European tradition.
- Support our local cafés and restaurants on Sunday afternoons.
For more information, visit WABI Burien’s website here.