Keep Cool with Sprinklers at Chelsea & Lake Burien School Parks Today
While National Weather Service on Friday downgraded its “Excessive Heat Warning” to just a Heat Advisory, it’s still feeling pretty toasty out there, so our friends at Burien Parks will be turning sprinklers on at both Chelsea and Lake Burien School Parks from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. today.
The high today is predicted to hit 86.
Here’s the latest Heat Advisory from the National Weather Service:
…HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTHWEST INTERIOR AND MUCH OF THE PUGET SOUND REGION UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING…
…EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS CANCELLED…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY…WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING. THIS ADVISORY REPLACES THE EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY IN EFFECT.
* TEMPERATURES…WILL NOT BE AS HOT AS YESTERDAY DUE TO ONSHORE FLOW. HOWEVER IT WILL STILL BE VERY WARM…WITH AFTERNOON HIGHS MAINLY IN THE UPPER 80S TO MID 90S. THE WARMEST TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS.
* IMPACTS…OPEN WATER CAN BE VERY INVITING DURING HOT SPELLS. IF YOU PLAN TO BE IN OR NEAR AREA LAKES OR RIVERS TODAY…BE WATER SAFE AND WEAR A LIFE JACKET.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS…SEATTLE…NORTH BEND…AND CHEHALIS.
A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS LIKELY. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE.
TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTION IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN POSSIBLE…RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.
TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK…THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKS IN SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BY HEAT SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION. HEAT STROKE IS AN EMERGENCY. CALL 9 1 1.
Here’s the most recent 7-day forecast:
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 86. Light west wind.
Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 60. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming north northwest in the evening.
- Saturday Areas of fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 83. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. South southwest wind 11 to 13 mph.
Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.
Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.