Next ‘Walk-N-Talk’ will Stroll to Chelsea Park this Sunday, Sept. 2
The next ‘Walk-n-Talk’ will walk and talk its way to Chelsea Park this Sunday, Sept. 2, starting at 2 p.m.
“Let’s walk Chelsea Park again!” reads an announcement. “We walked and talked along this route 6 months ago at the beginning of March when it was chilly and heavy jackets were welcomed (read that story and see the huddled walkers here.) Since then, the weather has changed and we likely won’t need to bundle up this time.”
Walkers and Talkers will go north from Town Square and see how these things look at the tail end of summer:
- Dottie Harper Park
- Burien Community Garden
- White-painted tree trunks
- Mortar House
- Bird-House House
- Stormwater Park
- Green House
- Purple House
This is a free event open to everyone.
Here are the details:
WHAT: ‘Walk-n-Talk’ to Chelsea Park.
WHERE: Start at Burien Town Square. Meet at the grassy knoll
WHEN: Sunday, Sept. 2, 2012; Meet at 2:00 p.m. Start walking at 2:15 p.m.
ROUTE: Click on the map below to view a larger version of the image. Print it out and bring it with you for a walking guide:
Intentions for Burien’s Walk-n-Talk:
- “Encourage active living to support physical and mental health.” (Part of Burien’s new “Vision”.)
- Initiate conversation between friends and neighbors, new and old.
- Nurture the idea of our Town Square as the “living room” of Burien, our center and gathering place.
- Create our own little “volksmarch“, in the European tradition.
- Support our local cafés and restaurants on Sunday afternoons.
For more information, visit WABI Burien’s website here.