MISSING: ‘Gracie,’ 2-year Old Formosan Mountain Dog, Last Seen Sunday Night

BTB Reader Inga Duncan Thornell wants everyone to be on the lookout for Gracie, a missing 2-year old Formosan Mountain Dog that was last seen at 2nd Ave SW and SW 142nd in Burien Sunday night (Sept. 2) (click images to see larger versions):

Gracie was rescued from Taiwan and brought to the US, according to Inga.

“We were coming home late last night so a friend came over to feed and let her out in the yard,” Inga said. “Something spooked her and she leapt the 6 foot fence. She was last seen at 2nd & 142nd in Burien. We’ve been walking all over the neighborhood calling her but she hasn’t come home yet. She has tags on and she is chipped but she is so skittish that I don’t know if anyone would be able to catch her.”

If anyone hears anything or spots her anywhere, please call Inga at 206-459-6963.

Comments

15 Responses to “MISSING: ‘Gracie,’ 2-year Old Formosan Mountain Dog, Last Seen Sunday Night”
  1. Inga says:

Thank you for posting this.

I have received a Gracie-sighting. A woman called me to say she saw Gracie running toward Ambaum and that she had stopped traffic to help her across the road. She then followed her South toward St Francis’ school. I have signs all over that area now as well. I have never lost a pet before, I keep expecting to see her when I get home. inga

2. Stephanie says:

Anymore sightings? I have a formosan that looks just like her and would be sick with worry if I lost her. I would like to do a little driving on the area.

• Inga says:

Thank you for asking! I just got a call that she was spotted at Gregory heights heading toward Normandy Park. Both contacts have said “that is the fastest dog I’ve ever seen.” I feel like I am always a day behind her :(

• Stephanie says:

She is really going south. Do you have a bunch of people helping you look? Also, do you have a bunch of the lost flyer down there? Sounds like you do. I was driving around for an hour almost just south of where she was seen in the afternoon. Keep us up to date.

3. Inga says:

Thank you, Rob, my other dog, and I have been looking again this morning. No joy yet.

4. Stephanie says:

Hi. Where was the last place she was seen? Was there a sighting today? I will try tomorrow on Friday after work. Did she have a favorite sqeeky toy? I am just trying to think of things. She is so cute like my little girl.

5. Inga says:

Gracie is home! Thank you all! http://dunthor.com/2012/09/07/gracieishome/

6. Stephanie says:

Ohhhh boy, that is so great!!!! I really wanted her to be found. She is such a sweet looking girl. This makes my day!