Advertiser McKay Wealth Management Holding Two Seminars Sept. 11 & 13
Our latest Advertiser McKay Wealth Management will be holding two free seminars on retirement and benefits on Tuesday, Sept. 11 and Thursday, Sept. 13 at the Burien Community Center.
Hosted by Jeff McKay, ChFC, CLU, along with Lindsey McKay, CFP® of McKay Wealth Management, registration opens at 5:30 p.m. and the presentations begin at 6 p.m. both nights.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Two free seminars:
- Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income (Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012).
- Managing Health Care Expenses in Retirement: What Baby Boomers Need to Know About Medicare and Long-Term Care (Thursday, Sept. 13).
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, and Thursday, Sept. 13: 5:30pm Registration; 6:00pm Presentation
WHERE: Burien Community Center – Shorewood Meeting Room, located at 14700 6th Ave SW in Burien.
INFO: Seating is limited; please reserve your seat prior to Thursday, September 6th: email@example.com or 206-973-4486.
A new Generation is getting ready to collect Social Security. Find out what you need to know to make the most of your retirement benefits.
Baby boomers are asking:
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize my benefits?
- Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
At this informative seminar you will learn important rules and strategies for collecting your retirement benefits and coordinating Social Security with other sources of retirement income.
Learn the rules for:
- When your benefits may begin
- How your benefit will be affected by the age at which you apply
- How cost-of-living adjustments, or COLAs, affect benefits
- How spousal benefits work
- How survivor benefits work
- How divorced-spouse benefits work
- How working affects benefits
- How benefits affect taxes
- What to do if you have other income from pensions of IRAs
You’ve paid into the Social Security system for years. Now it will soon be your turn to collect. Find out why advance planning is essential and how some little-know rules can help you make the most of this very valuable benefit.
At this workshop you will learn
- 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits – and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- Two innovative strategies for coordinating benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
The decisions you make today can have a tremendous bearing on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime.
Don’t miss this valuable workshop designed especially for baby boomers.
Join us for this event, as well as on Thursday, September 13th for ‘Managing Health Care Expenses in Retirement: What Baby Boomers Need to Know About Medicare and Long-Term Care.’
Jeff McKay, ChFC, CLU has been a guest speaker for the Estate Planning Council of South King County, the Washington State CPA Association as well as several chapters of the Washington State Tax Consultants. He is a Premier Partner with ING Financial Partners and has been a guest speaker at their National Conference. Jeff is a 15-year board member of the Highline Medical Center Foundation and has spent the last 38 years simplifying his client’s financial management, with trust and confidence, allowing them to spend more quality time doing the things that bring meaning and value to their lives.
This workshop is purely educational. No specific insurance or investment products will be discussed.
For more information, visit www.mckaywealth.com.
[Would you like to have a Blogvertorial story, Ad and/or Event Listing like this on a popular, fast-growing website seen by over 51,000 interested Local Readers every month? Email us for more info, or check out our Advertise page!]