Are You Ready to Trot? Here’s this Weekend’s Burien Brot Trot Schedule
The 3rd annual Burien Brat Trot is this weekend (we’re a Sponsor…again), starting with a Team Pub Crawl Friday night, registration and packet pickup on Saturday, and finishing with the big race on Sunday!
IMPORTANT – the last chance to register ONLINE (and save $5) for both the PUB CRAWL or the RACE is today – Thursday, Oct. 4 – online registration closes tonight at 11:59 p.m.! (You can register in person Saturday though – but prices go up!)
Here’s the full schedule:
FRIDAY, OCT. 5: The Burien Brat Trot TEAM Pub Crawl!
- 6 p.m. – Closing: A new twist on the old crawl. Register as an individual by clicking here (online registration only available until tonight at 11:59 p.m.), form teams of two or more, and arrive at the Tin Theater between 6 and 7 p.m. Friday night to receive your instructions! Great prizes for teams who earn them! 21 and over only please.
- Special shout-outs go out to:
- The Tin Room
- 913 “The Place Next Door”
- Mark Restaurant and Bar
- Filberto’s Italian Restaurant
- C.C.’s Lounge
- Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub
- Elliot Bay Brewhouse & Pub
- Hobnobber Tavern
- Bison Creek Pizza
SATURDAY, OCT. 6: PACKET and RACE SHIRT PICK UP and IN-PERSON REGISTRATION!
- Noon – 5 p.m.: On the Southgate Masonic Hall Lawn, at the corner of 10th Ave SW and SW 152nd Street in Olde Burien. It is highly recommended to pick up your packets and shirts at this time. Stay and have a beer at the adjacent CHARITY BEER GARDEN sponsored by the Southgate Masonic Hall. LIVE MUSIC in the Beer Garden from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.!
SUNDAY, OCT. 7: RACE DAY!
- 10 a.m. – Noon: late registration available!
- 1 p.m.: 5k Race Start at the corner of 10th SW and SW 152nd
- 1:40 p.m.: 1-mile Race Start at Lake Burien School Park
Shuttle Provided from Olde Burien (10th Ave SW and SW 151st)to Lake Burien Park – starting at NOON. Leaves approximately ever 15 minutes.
RACE COURSE MAP:
Following the race – the BURIEN BRAT TROT BAVARIANFEST:
- Mainstage entertainment: The Three Tree Point Blues Band
- Kids’ Stage entertainment: Goofy Foot (a band made up of Highline Public School Students!)
- 3 Beer Gardens, Sausages, Food Vendors, Giveaways, Bouncy Toy, Public Art Project, Kids’ Art activities, Race Awards, Raffle drawings … a Burien Brat Trot Bavarian Celebration!
Last year we convinced Brat Trot runner Brent Volle to stick a GoPro HD video camera on his head – allowing you to see the entire 5K race from his viewpoint! Be sure to watch until the end for the final sprint with his son Max to the Finish Line: