Police Arrest Man for Harassing ‘Reject R-74′ Campaigner in Burien Sunday

King County Sheriff’s Detectives arrested a man in connection with a Malicious Harassment case that occurred Sunday (Oct. 14) in Burien when a man tore a “Reject R-74” sign off of a woman’s car and shoved another woman when she stepped in to help.

Detectives arrested the 23-year old Burien man at a house in the 900 block of 164 Street SE in Mill Creek just after 10 a.m. Wednesday morning (Oct. 17). The man was booked in the King County Jail for Investigation of Malicious Harassment.

The case will be forwarded to the prosecutor for review.

Comments

22 Responses to “Police Arrest Man for Harassing ‘Reject R-74′ Campaigner in Burien Sunday”
  1. TcB says:

Well that ain’t cool. We all have one vote and we all have our opinions. I support the measure but I won’t go crazy over the people who have reject signs in their yard even though they’re in the neighborhood, after all, it is going to pass anyway.

• Coverofnight says:

“…that ain’t cool.” I agree; but that’s all of your post that I agree with – I DON’T support the measure and I’m tired of this small selfish percentage of the population (gays) having so many concessions made for them by the normal majority population.

What you do behind closed doors is your business, but keep your parades with buttless chaps off our public streets!

• Burienite says:

I just reread the referendum and I can’t find anything in there about buttless chaps, it just seems to be about citizen equality in access to the right of civil marriage (while removing the right of domestic partnerships except for seniors).

Surely, though, buttless chaps are better than the sagging pants of teenage boys- cuts to the chase instead of hiding things with tasteless underwear. Freedom is a wonderful thing; it’s rough that it has to be extended to everyone *else*, too, to actually mean anything, but surely Americans are strong enough for this.

• TcB says:

Well like I said you have a right to your opinion. I have a feeling that you’re going to be very very upset after election day.

• Brian says:

I dont think its right to force one persons religionist belief onto another person. There is something called “separation of church and state”.

I also think its funny that people only take what they want out of the “bible”. I would like to have a slave to do all the stuff I don’t like to do around the house. OH WAIT! That’s not legal and it’s in the bible.

2. Brian says:

In her TV story she said she was there to meet someone to give them signs. I dont belive her since I saw her there and she was parked right in front of the store for a few hours.

I dont think its right for someone to trash her signs but tell the truth of what you were really doing.

3. Brian says:

I dont think its right to force one persons religionist belief onto another person. There is something call “separation of church and state”.

I also think its funny that people only take what they want out of the bible. I would like to have a slave to do all the stuff I don’t like to do around the house. OH WAIT! That’s not legal and it’s in the bible.

4. TcB says:

The fundamental argument from people is generally one of two things, One: “that’s icky” which won’t get too much traction.
    Two:” Marriage will be redefined in the first time in history”
    However that’s not true
    Marriage was redefined in the late 60’s to allow blacks and whites to marry
    Marriage was redefined when age laws were created
    Marriage was redefined when polygamy laws were created
    The idea that “consenting adults” get married rather than who your parents arrange for you to marry is a redefinition of marriage.
    And on…..
    Remember, the early church discouraged marriage. Don’t believe me? Look it up.

5. sallie tierney says:

Hey folks, this is about an alleged physical assault. Period. It’s irrelevant what the sign said. No one has the right to assault another – not matter what their personal agenda, no matter what the beef they have with another. You can yell all you want, picket, blog etc but keep your hands to yourself.

• Bonnie Moormeier says:

Thanks, Sally , you are absolutely right!

• TcB says:

That’s the first thing I posted. We all have a vote and our opinions. Then CON came in and said how he thought minorities should be subject to majority whim. That is, by definition, UNAMERICAN

6. Breezy says:

Sorry, but I have to applaud the guy. Freedom hoarders are getting old. Find something worthwhile to whine about and let people love one another already.

7. John Poitras says:

Not that much different from the NUHAC goons that are roaming all over Area Y trashing and stealing our NO ON ANNEXATION SIGNS.

8. Brent says:

John First off it’s NHUAC not NUHAC. If you are going to blame an organization at least get the name right. It’s funny how as soon as something bad happens you blame NHUAC. There are a lot of people who are against annexation who are not part of NHUAC. I have seen several PRO ANNEXATION signs disappear. I guess using the John Poitras method of deduction I can assume it was John or Mark or Debbi.
    And now John you will of course come back and call me names and say I am name calling. Yard signs disappear because some people are so ignorant and afraid that the other side may be heard that they revert to childishness and steal signs.

• John Poitras says:

Brent First off you cannot edit so its actually bad form to criticize punctuation or fat fingered typing.. The NHUAC is THE PRO ANNEXATION PAC. One of their leaders conned a King County police officer into illegally removing a law abiding citizen from Jubilee Days because he was passing out information on the annexation issue. They come on here and NEVER address the issues under discussion. All the do is attack to distract because they have no facts to refute the indisputable truth that annexation to Burien is a REALLY BAD IDEA.
      You state You personally have seen several Pro Annexation signs disappear.. I suspect that is just you blowing smoke but giving you the benefit of the doubt. I have a few questions.
      Were they on private property? Did you just notice they were gone or did you see someone remove them. Most of them were illegal because they did not identify the group who put them up and its illegal to post any campaign signs in the unincorporated area on County land so maybe the County removed them? I can assure you that no one in our group rolls like that.
      We don’t have to and frankly we would not stoop to that goon like behavior so reminiscent of Gordon Shaws supporters in the last election who were continually trashing and stealing Bob Edgars signs.

• Brent says:

Every candidate has had signs stolen. It’s known that if you are running for office you will have at least 25% of your signs stolen. Last election Ivan from Burien caught people in an suv stealing signs from everybody opposing the “Lake Burien” candidates. I asked Mr. Duff how many signs of his were taken and he said of the 500 signs he put out, he got back about 300. Ed Dacy has said that his signs are not stolen so much any more because he uses old signs.
        John, you have a real bad habit of misquoting and placing blame when you do not have any facts to back it up. Show us a picture of a NHUAC person stealing a sign and then we will know that you are not just some nut job who picks facts and figures out of the air to support your case.
        As far as your quote about being illegal to post a sign anywhere in Unincorporated King County, you are wrong. It is illegal to post a political sign in the ‘right of way” in King County. As long as your sign is far enough back from the roadway, it is perfectly legal. Go to the King County website and it defines the right of way.
        I have talked to 3 different people who have their signs stolen from their yard and they were PRO ANNEXTION signs. Oh my!!!!! I wish NHUAC would stop stealing their own signs because we all know that only NHUAC GOONS are capable of stealing signs.
        Have a nice day John (or Forest or Chestine ) or whatever name you are going by this week.

• John Poitras says:

Nice try Brent.. What do you mean by the Lake Burien Candidates? Is that your way of identifying Bob Edgar? His signs were not only stolen they were trashed and broken.
          You can claim what you want but you have no credulity especially since Brent is not even your real name . The indisputable fact is that the only organized pro annexation group is the NHUAC. So its obvious that it is some one or more than one that is trashing our NO ON ANNEXATION signs.. Go ahead and deny it.. It does not alter that fact and that their behavior over the past year in spreading lies and fear tactics about being annexed to Seattle without a vote if they don’t vote for annexation. In fact I saw a flyer from them yesterday continuing to push this lie.. Is stealing a trashing signs part of a pattern from them? YES…

9. Joey Martinez says:

Can’t believe this comment thread when to annexation (leave it to Mr Poitras for that) but…
    Here is the PDC rule on PACs supporting issues
    http://www.pdc.wa.gov/archive/filerassistance/manuals/pdf/2012/2012.Man.Comm.pdf Page 15

Items Exempt From Sponsor ID
    Some advertising items, like yard signs which are 8’ x 4’ or smaller (32 sq. feet), need not include the sponsor identification

• John Poitras says:

Thanks Joey.. I was under the impression we could not put signs up in King County except on private property.. Btw … Thanks for posting that.. Would you like to finish the job and post the KING COUNTY RULES! And I quote from the STATE PDC rules on sign location.

“Check with a city’s or county’s public works department for regulations governing campaign signs in those jurisdictions.”

My understanding is that King County has different more restrictive rules for sign location.

10. John Poitras says:

Joey.. I did the research for you and I am correct.. King County has rules that are MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE THAN STATE RULES. So its very possible that the signs that Brent claims he saw removed were removed by King County because they were posted illegally.

Here is the link

• elizabeth2 says:

OK, OK, OK John. I often agree with you BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Six out of the last ten comments on this blog have been yours. You need to relax, take some time off, and just chill.

Even I find it hard to take you seriously sometimes because you are posting so often and so angrily.

Take a deep breath, go for a walk in the fall leaves, and consider the beauty that is life.

11. John Poitras says:

Elizabeth.. If I am attacked unfairly which I have been on this thread repeatedly then I will respond.
    If erroneous information is posted (which Joey did) then I feel its important it is corrected.

Out of 21 posts not including this one I have commented 5 times not 6 .
    I have not been on the blog in a couple of days so excuse me for catching up with the thread. Time is of the essence and we have an election coming..

Its nice to see the glass as half full but the other side of the coin is its also only half full. It depends where you are coming from and we all approach life according to type.