City Council Changes Study Session to Regular Meeting for Monday, Oct. 22
The City of Burien announced that it has cancelled its Study Session scheduled for this coming Monday, Oct. 22, and will instead hold a regular council meeting.
On the agenda for Monday night’s meeting:
- Motion to Approve a Cooperative Agreement Between the Highline School District No. 401 and the Cities of Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park and SeaTac.
- Motion to approve the Waste Management settlement Agreement.
- Second Public Hearing on Revenue Sources and Expenditures for 2013-2014 Preliminary Budget.
- Discussion on the 2013 Property Tax Levy.
- Discussion on Financial Policies.
- Discussion on Ordinance No. 574 Increasing the City’s Surface Water Management Service Charges and Amending Chapter 13.10 of the Burien Municipal Code.
- Discussion on Ordinance No. 571, Increasing the City’s Parking Tax Rate and Amending Chapter 3.13 of the Burien Municipal Code.
- Discussion on Ordinance No. 570 Increasing the City’s Electric Utility Tax Rate and Amending Chapter 3.12 of the Burien Municipal Code.
- Discuss and Adopt Ordinance No. 575 Amending the 2011-2012 Biennial Budget for Specific Transportation Capital Projects.
- Motion to Adopt Ordinance No. 566, Relating to the Advisory Boards.
- Motion to Adopt the State and Federal Legislative Priorities.
- Discuss and Adopt Ordinance Regulating Chronic Nuisance Properties.
To download the full agenda and packet, click here (PDF file).
The meeting will start at the usual time – 7 p.m. – at Burien City Hall, 400 SW 152nd Street.