Shop Local – Today is the Last Burien Farmers Market of the Year!
Today – Thursday, Oct. 25 – is the final day of the Discover Burien Farmers Market, which runs from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Town Square Park, located at SW 152nd and 5th Place SW.
There will be lots of fall colors, veggies and produce on hand, so be sure to drop by for the final day!
If you can’t Shop Local at today’s Farmers Market, you can Shop Local online from the convenience of your computer at our new online store – Shop SoKing – a new service consisting of locally-owned, independent businesses in the south King County area!
Over the last few months we’ve been developing this new online shopping site with fellow Burien resident Andy Kleitsch’s company Buck, which is a leader in the local, social online shopping area.
Local merchants with online stores include:
- Dan the Sausageman
- 18th Ave Pasta
- Howard and Marge
- Kimberley’s Exquisite Jewelry
- Australian Pie Company
- The Electric Train Shop
- Gehl Flowers & Gifts
- Armoire Chocolat
HOW IT WORKS
Once you’re on the Shop SoKing website:
- If you haven’t already, create a new account with your email address.
- Scroll down and view products in our shop.
- Prices are prominently displayed below each product.
- Click on “Details” to read more info about each product.
- You can leave a Comment about products.
- You can “Follow” shops.
- You can create a “Buck-It List” – a personal collection of items that make you happy. Friends following you can view your Buck-It List.
- One easy checkout across all Buck merchants enables instant gratification.
- Try Buck on your smartphone or tablet – it’s a dangerously easy shopping experience.
- Check back often as our merchants add new products!