Next ‘Walk-n-Talk’ Will Start at the Burien Library this Sunday, Nov. 4
November’s Walk-n-Talk will be a “special edition” collaboration between WABI and the Burien Library, starting at the main library at 400 SW 152nd Street.
This month’s walk will then stroll through the Seahurst neighborhood.
“We’ll meet in the main lobby of the library at 2 p.m. (NOT Town Square’s grassy knoll) and enjoy perusing the walking resources gathered just for us by our local ‘Super Librarian,’” said Organizer Maureen Hoffmann, who continues:
“After looking over the materials, we’ll begin our walk as usual at about 2:15 p.m.
This month we’ll head northwest toward the Seahurst neighborhood, going down “The Dip” on 146th, then up around Lake Burien School Park and back into town.”
Here are the details:
WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012; meet at 2 p.m.; start walking at 2:15 p.m.
WHERE: Meet in the main lobby inside the Burien Library, 400 SW 152nd Street.
WHO: Walkers of every level and ability.
ROUTE: We will walk on sidewalks and along the side of the roads in the Seahurst area.
Look at the references being prepared and gathered just for us:
- “Walk with Purpose” brochure with reading list
- “Let’s Walk” brochure with reading list
- “Walk with Your Libraries” walking log
- Burien Trail Map
- Bike Route Map
- List of Audio Books (to listen to while you’re walking)
And while you’re at the library:
- Pick up a flyer listing the programs offered
- Sign up for a Library Card (bring a picture ID and something with your address on it.)
- Find out about the Burien Library Guild
- Browse the Book Club Flyers
For more information about the King County Burien Library, go to http://www.kcls.org/burien/