Burien/Normandy Park Fire Department Seeking Donations for Needy Families
The Burien/Normandy Park Fire Department is seeking donations to help local families in need this holiday season, and they’ve got several Christmas Outreach Drop-off locations.
Donations of food or toys are being accepted at the Burien Fire Station (15100 8th Ave SW), North Highline Fire Station (1243 SW 112th & 1606 S 128th) and other local drop-off locations through Dec. 18.
All donations will go directly to needy families in the area.
Organized by firefighter Lt. John Zilke, the fire department works with local businesses and the community to gather food, gifts and cash donations in the months leading up to Christmas. Names of needy families are provided by the Department of Social and Health Services.
The ultimate goal? To make sure that each family on the list has a complete turkey dinner with all the trimmings and gifts for the children in the family.
Here’s a selection of photos I shot throughout the day set to a little holiday music. It’s a pale imitation compared to actually participating in an experience like this, but I hope it contributes something to your own sense of the holiday spirit:
Drop-off locations include:
- Burien Fire Department: 15100 8th Ave. S.W. & 135 S. Normandy Rd. North
- Highline Fire Department: 1243 S.W. 112th & 1606 S. 128th
- Highline Medical Centers: 16251 Sylvester Rd. S.W., 129th & Military Rd., 13030 Military Rd.
- Burien Toyota: 15025 1st Ave. S. & 139 S.W. 150th St. Burien Chevrolet • 14400 1st Ave. S.
- Albertsons: 12739 1st Ave.S.
- Safeway: 138 SW 140th St.
- Thriftway: 12000 Des Moines Memorial Dr.
- Saars Super Saver: 10616 16th Ave. S.W.
- Frenzi: 218 S.W. 153rd St.
- Boulevard Park Place Seniors Community: 2805 S. 125th St.
- Curves: 17824 1st Ave. S.
- Mailbox :224 S.W. 153rd St.
Christmas Outreach Sponsors include:
- Sylvester Middle School
- Highline Exchange Club
- Burien Fire Department
- North Highline Fire
- Plush Pippin Pies Department Burien Fred Meyer