Three Local Non-Profits Have Ideas on How YOU Can Help During the Holidays
Navos, Ruth Dykeman Children’s Center and Seattle Children’s Home, together with their partners, help 40% of the children, youth and families seen in our community for emotional and mental health issues.
And now, they need help back from the community.
“The Holidays are a particularly difficult time for these children and families,” reads an announcement. “Help us touch each child or family in need by contributing today.”
Here is how you can help:
- Pick up a tag:
- Visit one of the local business and pick up a tag with a child’s holiday wish.
- Include it in your shopping and return it to the establishment.
Local Businesses participating:
- 3 Wishes
- Collins Chiropractic
- Highline Athletic Club
- Matt Griffin YMCA
- Tin Room
- Eldorado Retirement Center
OTHER WAYS TO HELP:
- Host a Toy Drive: At your work, place of business, civic group, place of worship, or with neighbors and friends.
- Adopt a Family: The holidays can be especially overwhelming for parents when they can’t provide gifts or even a special meal.