JOB: City Seeking Graphic Designer to Create Quarterly Recreation Guides
The City of Burien announced Friday (Jan. 4) that it is seeking proposals from individuals or businesses to provide Graphic Design services for the City’s quarterly Recreation Guide brochures.
The city is looking for a Designer with “established experience and proficiency using InDesign or comparable program in addition to word documents, PDF or text files, laser pages or others as needed,” as well as “demonstrated experience with pre-press packaging and working with web press printers, including provision of color separation and printer-ready disk” among other requirements.
No word yet on whether frequent fingering will be required, but since this gig involves computers you can assume it does.
Proposals must be submitted to the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department at the Burien Community Center, 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien, WA 98166 by 5:00 pm, Monday, Jan. 22, 2013.
Detailed information, including general terms and conditions, requested services, and requirements, is available at the Burien Community Center, or by calling (206) 988-3704.
“Proposals may be weighted by staff in any manner deemed appropriate,” reads the RFP. “If necessary, interviews will be scheduled with finalists.”
Criteria will include:
- Quality of previously-designed work
- Creative and innovative design
- Cohesive visual style that matches narrative context
- Experience with similar contracted work projects
- Effective use of color and b/w
- Success working with web press printers and (if applicable) City staff
- References that confirm professional capacity, clear communication skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and flexibility.
Here’s a detailed schedule for the selection process:
- RFP Release Date: Jan. 7, 2013
- Submittals Due: Jan. 22, 2013
- Interview finalists: Feb. 6, 2013 (Approximate)
- Notification to successful vendor: Feb. 11, 2013
- General timeline for first brochure’s design*: March 25- May 3, 2013
Here’s a direct link to the RFP (Microsoft Word .doc).