- The B-Town (Burien) Blog | Burien News - http://b-townblog.com -
WEATHER: Batten Down Your Docks B-Town, ‘Wind Advisory’ Issued
Posted By Scott Schaefer On January 8, 2013 @ 8:55 pm In Burien News,Headlines,Life,Science,Weather | Comments Disabled
If you haven’t already, now would be a good time to batten down your marina docks , as the National Weather Service issued a ‘Wind Advisory ‘ this afternoon, warning of sustained winds of 20 – 35 MPH with gusts of 45 – 50 MPH possible through 4 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Here’s the advisory in its ALL CAPS glory:
…WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST WEDNESDAY…
.A VIGOROUS FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL BRING WINDY CONDITIONS TO THE LOWLANDS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON TONIGHT. LOCAL SUSTAINED WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 45 TO 50 MPH ARE LIKELY.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS…SEATTLE…BREMERTON…BELLEVUE…TACOMA…OLYMPIA… FORKS…HOQUIAM…AND THE LAKE LAWRENCE AREA IN THURSTON COUNTY.
* TIMING…SOUTHERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE THIS EVENING AND PEAK AROUND MIDNIGHT.
* WIND…LOCAL SUSTAINED WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH AND GUSTS OF 45 TO 50 MPH ARE LIKELY.
* IMPACTS…WHILE WINDS OF THIS STRENGTH SHOULD NOT CAUSE WIDESPREAD DAMAGE…THEY CAN BRING DOWN SMALL TREES AND BRANCHES. LOCAL POWER OUTAGES ARE POSSIBLE.
A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 TO 39 MPH OR GUSTS OF 45 TO 57 MPH ARE LIKELY.
And here’s the latest 7-day forecast, which mentions a chance of snow for Saturday:
Article printed from The B-Town (Burien) Blog | Burien News: http://b-townblog.com
URL to article: http://b-townblog.com/2013/01/08/weather-batten-down-your-docks-b-town-a-wind-advisory-has-been-issued/
URLs in this post:
 marina docks: http://b-townblog.com/2013/01/08/photos-dock-washed-up-on-burien-beach-most-likely-not-tsunami-debris/
 Wind Advisory: http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=WAZ508&warncounty=WAC033&firewxzone=WAZ654&local_place1=&product1=Wind+Advisory
Copyright © 2012 B-Town Blog. All rights reserved.