Discover Burien Seeking Nominees for Annual Awards Dinner, Coming March 1
The folks at Discover Burien (Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer is on the board) are looking for nominations for their Annual Awards Dinner & Silent Auction, which is coming Friday, March 1:
Award Nominations are now open in the categories of:
- Business Leader of the Year
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year
- Student Leader of the Year
“Please visit our survey link HERE to nominate those leaders you feel have gone the extra mile in making Burien better for everyone!” reads an announcement. “Everyone is welcome to nominate. Winners will be announced at the awards dinner. Buy your tickets now. Call the Discover Burien office at 206-433-2882 or email [email protected].”
Nominees will be reviewed by current members of the Discover Burien Marketing Committee.
Winners will then be chosen by the Discover Burien Board of Directors.
Last year’s winners included:
- Business Leader of the Year – Dan House, Tin Room/Tin Theater
- Student Leader of the Year – Elliott Newsom, Highline High School
- Discover Burien Volunteer of the Year – Margie Gibb
- Team Clean Sweep Recognition of the Year – Doug Query
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year – Highline Schools Foundation