The Port of Seattle is currently accepting applications for Port Commissioner, and they’re holding an informational session today – Tuesday, Jan. 22 – at 5 p.m. at Sea-Tac Airport.
The Port plans to appoint a new member to the Commission on March 5.
“The duration of this appointment will be through the end of 2013,” reads an announcement. “At the November 2013 general election, a candidate will be elected to complete the term. Applications for the position are being accepted until noon on February 1.”
- This is a part time position (about half-time); responsibilities include:
- Representing the nearly 2 million citizens of King County.
- Advancing regional economic development and reducing the Port’s ecological footprint.
- Creating 100,000 more jobs in our region by implementing the Century Agenda.
- Overseeing the Port of Seattle, which includes the Northwest’s biggest seaport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Fisherman’s Terminal, cruise ship terminals, and a real estate portfolio.
- Working with the State, King County and King County’s 39 cities.
- Serving on outside boards and committees.
- Attending and speaking at community functions, events, and receptions.
- Current commissioner compensation is $500 per month, plus per diem. Commissioners are also eligible to participate in the port’s medical program.
For additional details, click on the link: Port Commissioner Facebook Twitter Subscribe