A 26-year old Burien man was arrested for DUI and Hit and Run Jan. 28 after he rear-ended a 53-year old Burien woman driving west on South 156th Street, then struck another car while trying to get away.
According to Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff’s Office, this incident unfolded thusly:
- After hitting the first woman’s vehicle, the suspect continued driving westbound across First Ave South.
- The female victim chased the suspect in her vehicle as it continued westbound on S. 156th and then turned north onto 4th Ave SW.
- The suspect then made a right turn eastbound onto SW 150th where he struck another vehicle waiting at the red light at First Ave South.
- An 84-year old man and 40-year old woman were in that vehicle. Minor injuries were reported by all three victims.
- The suspect then drove off, heading south on First Ave South, where Normandy Park Police found the vehicle and suspect near the 100 block of SW 172nd.
King County Sheriff’s officers responded and the suspect was subsequently arrested and booked into the SCORE jail.