VIDEO: Amazing Footage of Last Monday’s Devastating Apartment Fire
We just found some amazing footage – shot by RJ Grissom before firefighters had shown up – that really shows the intensity of last Monday’s devastating (yet thankfully non-fatal) fire at the Tra-Lee Apartments in Burien.
Look for the propane tank shooting a squealing stream of pure hellfire straight up, and imagine if this was your apartment building with all your (and your family’s) stuff going up in flames (NOTE: video is best viewed at 720p/full screen):
We’re doing what we can to help the fire victims with our ‘Up from the Ashes – the Burien Fire Fundraiser‘ set for Saturday night, Feb. 16, starting at 8 p.m. at Bison Creek Pizza, and we’re still looking for donations and volunteers to help!
The event begins at 8 p.m., and will include live music from great Seattle band Lark vs Owl along with “The Ambaum Brothers Band,” a group put together by King County Prosecutor (and local boy) Dan Satterberg, featuring fellow B-Town boys John Rankin, Bob Eaton, Bill Mattocks, Tom Pratt, Fred Staples and special guests.
There will also be a silent auction, raffle and much more, all hosted by BTB Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer along with others guests.
All money raised will go directly to the 12 families who suffered the most (from the 9 apartments that were burned the worst, as seen in the incredible video above).
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP:
In addition to just showing up to the fundraiser event (and spending lots of money) on Feb. 16, here are other ways to help these people in their time of need:
DONATE ITEMS FOR THE AUCTION:
- We are seeking donations of gift cards, collectibles and other cool stuff that can be used in the silent auction; if an item is big enough (think sports memorabilia, vacation rental, etc.) we’ll consider a live auction as well; please email [email protected] with any donations!
DONATE CASH TO THE FIRE VICTIMS FUND:
- We have set up an account for victims at BECU – just drop into any branch and ask to donate to the “Up from the Ashes” fund.
DONATE CLOTHING, TOYS OR OTHER ITEMS:
- To donate tangible items to families, like clothing, diapers, toys, etc. please drop into Frenzi at 218 SW 153rd in Burien (phone: 206-243-9000).
VOLUNTEER TO MAKE THIS A GREAT, SUCCESSFUL EVENT:
- We can always use more help procuring items, organizing the auction and raffle, helping at the event and more! Email [email protected] if you can lend a hand!
WHAT YOU (OR YOUR BUSINESS) GETS FROM HELPING:
- Obviously, you’ll earn some major Karma points by helping some of your neighbors in need.
- If your business donates an item, it’ll be mentioned and seen at the event; if your donation is significant enough, you’ll get a shout out and link to your business on The B-Town Blog as well as on our Facebook Event Page. This kind of generosity acknowledgement is often better than Advertising, as it shows you care for the community you do business in as well as its residents. Plus, you’ll get premium exposure to our ~65,000 monthly Readers!
In addition to the Feb. 16 event, there will also be a Tastefully Simple Party: MYSTERY HOST ONLINE PARTY on Thursday, Feb. 28, with 50% of profits being donated to fire victims! More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/547639105275741/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
Fundraiser Coordinator/Social Media
The B-Town (Burien) Blog
Bison Creek Pizza