Key Bank on SW 152nd Robbed by Man Wearing Halloween Mask Wednesday

BurienKeyBank-500

A man wearing a black Halloween “monster mask” robbed the Key Bank at 655 SW 152nd Street in Burien Wednesday (Feb. 13) just after 5 p.m.

“A suspect entered the business wearing a camouflage jacket and pants, while wearing a black Halloween monster mask, and robbed the bank,” Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff’s Office told The B-Town Blog.

A weapon was not seen, and there were no injuries.

The suspect had light colored skin, and fled on foot towards the south.

No other information was available at this time.

“I just found out the guy knew what he was doing since he threw the dye packs back at the tellers,” texted another source (FYI you can text us news or pics 24/7 at 206-659-8768).

Comments

20 Responses to “Key Bank on SW 152nd Robbed by Man Wearing Halloween Mask Wednesday”
  1. May says:

It’s time to come clean and admit who in Burien owns a……..

“Black Halloween monster mask”

2. Shari says:

You know who else wears masks?
    Surgeons. Surgeons also wear masks.
    And surgeons work in hospitals.
    Research at http://www.awholebunchofstuff.com shows that…
    There are hospitals in Burien!
    And say….Mike Martin is the Burien City Manager.
    So it’s clear…
    Mike Martin robbed the bank.

• John Poitras says:

Shari >> Just to be clear … Do you think Mike Martin is doing a good job as city manager for Burien? Or are you just trying to be funny, because your attempt at humor is a little obtuse for me. ( in other words>> I don’t get it)

Mike Martin did not rob the bank but if Mike Martin had more cops and detectives on the payroll it would be more likely this bank robber would be caught.. and I hope the King County Sheriffs do catch him>>> (the sooner the better)! Crime in Burien has been increasing and its no laughing matter.

• Burienite says:

Source(s) that back up your statement about the increase in Burien? Thanks.

• John Poitras says:

Where are stats that show crime is on the increase in Burien?? Are you freaking kidding??

• Burienite says:

No, I’m not “freaking” kidding you. It was an honest question. I’ve tried looking at both the City of Burien and KCSO sites for any reports, but I seemed to have struck out. I’m genuinely trying to get DATA, so that I can see it for myself.

Thanks for the smart-ass response though…sheesh.

• Shari says:

John, it has just started to seem (to me) that the topic of Mike Martin has become the blog’s version of Bishop’s weed: vigorous and attractive and able to fulfill a clear and important purpose, but highly-invasive and likely to choke off plants even in other parts of the garden. I enjoy and frankly learn quite a bit from the exchanges on the blog that are both lively and reasoned. The city’s direction, its council, its manager and staff, and its crime and law enforcement are certainly among the topics that interest me most and I appreciate hearing the informed and often weirdly humorous takes from others. That’s the niche this blog fills for me in terms of my overall information access and community engagement toolkit. Only speaking for myself.

• John Poitras says:

Shari.. Thanks for explaining where you are coming from.. I am a little sensitive to the ongoing crime increase in Burien because we moved here in the first place because it was relatively crime free.. Unfortunately that is no longer the case and it seems to be getting worse every day… The only solution I have heard that makes sense in increased police presence.. so I don’t understand folks like Martin that oppose it..

• May says:

Shari,

You did some great educated research. Kuddos to you.

3. TcB says:

I am glad all in the bank are safe. I hope the individual is apprehended soon. There are no other subjects which I would be so crass as to broach in this comment section about a bank robbery.

4. May says:

May says:

February 13, 2013 at 1:47 pm

SEATTLE TIMES ARTICLE Feb,12 2013

B SECTION

Rod Dembrowski picked to be next member of the Metro City Council.

I bet Julia Patterson knows what she is talking about when she says that Rod Dembrowski “He wants to serve for the right reasons”.

What reasons might that be???

Brian Bennett friend Bob Ferguson that left the seat to be Attorney General endorsed Rod Dembrowski. And Reagan Dunn was one of the members on the council that voted for him Rod to join thier team.

Isn’t it interesting that (when you read the article) Rod was a land use lawyer for Foster Pepper Law Firm. Guess who worked there also…..your right……Keven Wallace. Yes a friend of Reagan Dunn.

I say….welcome on board my friends.

• jimmy says:

did you post this here becuse the coments section in the last bicker war is closed and couldent help your self

• May says:

Actually my dear, I post this here because I want educated people to know what kind of people are running this council. I can see you are not to smart.

• jimmy says:

may you do not know me or my poltical views just by a comment on a blog so to call me not smart is not a good thing to do or a nice thing to do since i do have lerning disability’s and do take offsence to comment like your’s so thank you for showing the type person you truly are by responding in such a childish way just becuse you want to force your views on people and attack anyone that might disagree with you i don’t realy want wast my time with you you seem tobe ether a bot/proxy server that jonh is running in another attemp to sway votes like the willam foster situation this just my thought but i don’t know maybe your a real person who knows who cares you have yours view you have your right vote how ever this doe’s not mean you have to try to force your view’s on people by mult posting or attacking people

• John Poitras says:

Look in the mirror Jimmy..You never have anything constructive to say… All you do is attack people..

• John Poitras says:

True May… Run on sentences, no punctuation whatsoever and atrocious spelling are trademarks of the undereducated.

5. tripC says:

Well, another senseless and avoidable crime. I can only hope that this will open the eyes of everyone in this city to the need for tighter regulation of Halloween masks. This has been going on for far too long. Enough is enough. We need to evaluate whether the officials we have elected, and hired are doing everything in their power to stop these horrible offences. Perhaps background checks, and permitting is the way to go. It is ridiculous to think that anyone can go out and buy a mask without any oversight from the Government. What is even more disturbing is that these masks quite often are used by children. Perhaps a ban on black monster masks would at least be a step in the right direction. I cannot be the only one who feels this way. NOW is the time to ACT.

6. Coverofnight says:

Where’s the pic? Doesn’t this branch have cameras?

7. Loving Daughter says:

The branch does have cameras but that doesn’t always mean pictures of a robber will be released. You have to remember lots of things go on after a robber. Police and FBI are involved after a robbery. There can be several reasons why no photo is here.

8. JKing says:

I heard the robber did have a gun??? Anyone else hear this???