Volunteers Needed to Dance in April Fool’s Day ‘UFO Crash’ Event Flash Mob
On April 1st at 7 p.m. sharp – no foolin’ – there will be a big, dramatic ‘UFO Crash’ stunt in Olde Burien, and volunteers are needed for a huge Flash Mob dance sequence.
The stunt, which is free and open to the public, will be in honor of the 1947 UFO conspiracy event called “The Maury Island Incident,” and will also serve as a celebration for the upcoming local shooting of a film of the same name.
Flash Mobbers will do a choreographed “Man in Black” dance to “Secret Agent Man,” and volunteers are needed now to start rehearsing.
If you’re interested, please email Renatta@rc-creations.com to hold your spot in the flash mob.
Here is the link to some rehearsal dance videos (be sure to enter the password “glee2012” in order to view each video):
- Be sure to enter the password “glee2012” in order to view each video.
- The training videos are from a much longer Flash Mob event from 2012; on April 1 they will only be doing a portion of what the videos show.
- Our dance in the Teaching Video begins at 10 min :30 sec.
- For the Practice Video, begin at 1 min :57 sec.
WIN CASH PRIZES!
A Sighting after party will be held immediately after the ‘crash’ (and Flash Mob) in the Tin Room Bar, located at 923 SW 152nd Street. The after-party will include a costume competition with cash prizes for the Best Man in Black, Best Woman in Black and Best Alien ($500 prize each!). In addition, there will be a photo booth and signature cocktails from the Tin Room Bar.
“It’s going to be a really good time with the flash mob and costume contest,” Executive Producer John White told The B-Town Blog. “And we really hope this becomes an annual April Fool’s event in Burien.”
“The Maury Island Incident” will be a short film based on the true story of a man’s UFO sighting claim near Maury Island on June 21, 1947. This often-overlooked incident happened just two days before Ken Arnold’s Mount Rainier sighting, which spawned the phrase “flying saucers,” and 16 days before the infamous Roswell crash. It also included what is considered by many experts to be the first “Men in Black” encounter. Filming is set to begin in June.
Of the film, Writer/Producer Steve Edmiston says “This is a tragic story of what happens when you choose to tell the world something they won’t believe.”
WHAT: Burien UFO Crash Event & Flash Mob: Remembering the Maury Island Incident
WHEN: Monday, April 1st at 7 p.m. sharp
WHERE: Intersection of SW 152nd and 10th Ave SW, Olde Burien (map below)
- Kick-off party for the new film The Maury Island Incident, scheduled to begin filming locally in June of this year.
- Flash Mob dance!
- Witness unveiling of a constructed 3D rendition UFO.
- Find out about the world’s first “Men in Black.”
- Enter to win $500 cash for best costume.
- Plus special signature drinks at the Tin Room bar, photo booth & more
- Volunteers needed for flash mob and key roles for the event
Renatta Emerson, Event Manager
Scott Schaefer, Film Producer/Director