Organizers of our “Up from the Ashes ” fundraiser for the victims of the Jan. 28 Tra-Lee Apartment fire in Burien gave out $6,370 to seven families – that’s $910 per family – at Bison Creek Pizza Monday night, March 25.
Gift Cards to Fred Meyer were given to each of the most affected families by Organizers Becci Harrison, Pam Fernald and Scott Schaefer, along with a free buffet dinner courtesy Neighbors Without Borders Action Committee, whose Mary Koontz also attended.
Conceived by The B-Town Blog and managed by Harrison, Fernald and Renatta Emerson, the fundraiser was held Feb. 16 at a packed Bison Creek, with live music by Lark vs Owl  and local band The Ambaum Brothers Band featuring King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg.
Of course, the money raised came from generous residents, businesses and others – with over $2,700 donated by the “SeaTac City Santa” (who wished to remain anonymous), and $1,000 from Car Pros Burien Nissan, so we send a huge shout-out to everyone who donated!
THANKS TO THE GREAT TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS:
- Main Organizer Becci Harrison of Surgz Promotions 
- Renatta Emerson of Renatta Emerson Events 
- Pan Fernald, Co-Chair, Neighbors Without Borders Action Committee, SeaTac City Councilmember
- Isuzu Niizuma, family liaison for Hazel Valley Elementary School
- Gina Bourdage of Discover Burien 
- Andrea Reay
- Scott Schaefer, Theresa Schaefer, Mark Neuman and Michael Brunk of The B-Town Blog