Wanted Man Captured Dumpster Diving Behind Apartment in Burien Friday

The wanted man seen above – Alan Polevia – was captured last Friday, March 22, rummaging through a dumpster behind a building at the Heights at Burien apartment complex, in the 1200 block of SW 137th Street.

Police say that at approximately 11:18 p.m. they received an anonymous tip about a man diving in a dumpster.

Deputies responded to the call ordered the male out.

After verbally identifying himself as ALEX Polevia, the male was correclty identified by officers as Alan Polevia by using an IRIS photo and tattoo descriptions.

Deputies placed Polevia in handcuffs and advised him that he was under arrest for a warrant.

Polevia told deputies that he knew about the warrant and apologized for lying about his name.

He was booked into the SCORE Jail in Des Moines.

Comments

12 Responses to “Wanted Man Captured Dumpster Diving Behind Apartment in Burien Friday”
  1. Tom says:

He looks like he would have an easier life in jail.

2. Mykal says:

Iris photos? I have never heard of this technology being used in the identification of suspected criminals in the field by police officers. Does anyone else know much about this? On google I found some information about NYPD using this system since 2010 but that people are not legally required to let the police takes pictures of their eyeballs.

3. sallie tierney says:

Hope this guy gets some medical care while he’s in the clink.

4. Theresa says:

Thank you for reporting this. So glad he’s caught, but I too hope he gets help.

5. TbC says:

Looking at the knot on his forehead I would guess he was less than cooperative before this photo was taken.

6. TcB says:

I have prior art on my screen name, and i’m suing you in my head for damages related to unfair and deceptive marketing. Have a nice day.

• TcB says:

Ive just been notified that I won a huge settlement! Yay!

• TbC says:

Well, now you will be able to afford a new tin foil hat! And just in time for Easter,too. Give my regards to the aliens.

• TcB says:

Yay! Your sole existence from your screen name to your comments is to be a Troll. And not just a “troll”, but the actual definition of an Internet Troll. It could even be said that since your screen name is an homage to me, that you’re my own special little Troll. I like! Unfortunately for me you’re most likely just a Sock Puppet of someone who shall remain unnamed. But you are a real hoot grampa!

As far as the Dumpster Diver, that looks like the spiral coming from an addiction to Methamphetamine That is one drug that should never be considered ok.

• TbC says:

You keep theatening to “Name names” , and reveal all the towns secrets, so why not just do it? If you got such good stuff, please don’t keep us in suspense!

7. othersideofthetracks says:

Should have just dumped his ass in there and left him