Running for City Council? King County Elections holding two free workshops
Planning on running for public office – say, perhaps the Burien City Council – this fall?
King County Elections is offering two free workshops for potential candidates on Thursday, April 25 (2 p.m. – 4 p.m.) and Saturday, April 27 (10 a.m. – Noon) at their office at 919 SW Grady Way in Renton.
The workshops will cover the following topics:
- Filing for office in King County
- Submitting your local voters’ pamphlet information
- Voter lists and data management
- Campaign sign regulations
- Basic public disclosure information
Reservations are required to attend; please email [email protected].
Candidate filing dates are May 13-17.
Four positions on the Burien City Council are up for election in 2013.