VIDEO: Multi-vehicle accident at 8th Ave S. and S. 128 sends three to hospital

BKMRS6WCUAILzFG.jpg_large

Photo of one of the crashed vehicles as Tweeted by Sgt. Cindi West.

Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff’s Office reports that a multiple-vehicle crash in Burien Monday night (May 13) involving a tow truck with a car and two other cars has sent three to area hospitals.

Two victims – including a 3-year old – were sent to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. The adult sent there is in critical condition, and the child has a possible broken leg.

The crash occurred on South 128th Street at 8th Ave South (map below), when a tow truck pulling one vehicle, with another on its bed, crashed with two other vehicles.

Another driver was taken to a local hospital, and the tow truck driver was not injured.

Accident Investigators had just arrived around 7:30 p.m., and there’s no word yet on the cause.

West added that S. 128th will be closed for a couple hours at least from SR-509 and Des Moines Memorial Drive.

VIDEO: Here’s video of the aftermath of the accident, courtesy Sgt. West:

View Larger Map

BKMRS6WCUAILzFG.jpg_large

Comments

13 Responses to “VIDEO: Multi-vehicle accident at 8th Ave S. and S. 128 sends three to hospital”
  1. sallie tierney says:

Thanks for this report. Was wondering why I had a helicopter over my house. Horrible. Hope everyone recovers.

• trent flaggard says:

my cusen died yesterday in that crach

• trent flaggard says:

her name is diana

• Marla Emerson says:

It’s ok Trent, she’s with Grandma and your Mom,
          now we have her to watch over us too honey.
          We have to be strong now for each other. I love
          You, Aunt Marla

• othersideofthetracks says:

Trent,
          Really sorry to hear that, I was hoping she would be okay.

• Chelsea says:

Sorry for your family’s loss, Trent.

2. CoverOfLight says:

That’s no fender-bender — they had to have collided at something close to freeway speeds to cause that level of damage.

Maybe this will be finally what it takes to get the cops out to this side of 509 to do some visible radar patrols and try to reign in what’s obviously become chronic speeding.

Best wishes for quick recoveries for all, especially the child.

• Sam says:

My friend was the one to be first hit be the lady that went through a redlight… What made it worst for the lady in the car is the fact that she got hit by the loaded tow truck after she hit my friend who is doing ok. I hope she makes it out ok

3. Kayla says:

I saw it. Looked pretty bad. Had to turn around in the middle of raid because they shut it down…. Praying for the families…

4. Barb says:

Horrible accident. It seems so common at that intersection, even back in the 60s when I lived near there. Thanks so much for the post. I don’t live in the Burien area anymore but do enjoy your posts and seeing what’s going on there.

5. wayward wonderer says:

I remember getting in an accident on that intersection back in 73,
    probably shouldn`t have drank so much..*lol*

6. Bill Curtis says:

Chet & Frank,
    My sincere condolences.
    I have known your family for years and have been honored to have been invited to many of your family functions. You made me feel part of your extended family. For that I am truly grateful. My thoughts and prays are with you. If there’s anything I can do to help don’t hesitate to ask

7. Remy Burnside says:

The woman who died was one of my daughter’s teachers at her school. I found out today when I picked my kids up. Very sad, she was a very nice lady and great with the kids. Everyone will miss her. My prayers go out to her family, and friends. I pray for her child too. I pray for those injured as well.