MISSING: ‘Sammy,’ 2-year old Australian Shepherd Mix, last seen at Albertson’s

BTB Reader Elizabeth Eronimous wants everyone to be on the lookout for “Sammy,” a 2 year old Australian Shepherd mix that somehow got out of her car at the Albertson’s in the Five Corners Plaza in Burien.

MissingSammy060513

Elizabeth says that Sammy is mostly black with brown/tan feet and underbelly and also has tan spots above his eyebrows.

Last time he was seen was at roughly 7:15 p.m. or so Wednesday night (June 5), when employees of Albertson’s chased him out of the store.

“Sammy is very skittish, especially around men,” Elizabeth said.

If you have seen him or know anyone who has seen him, please call us at (206) 932-5419 or email us at [email protected].

“Please help us, he is part of our family and we really want him back!”

Comments

20 Responses to “MISSING: ‘Sammy,’ 2-year old Australian Shepherd Mix, last seen at Albertson’s”
  1. Carly Duke says:

I’m pretty sure I saw this dog going north on 1st ave on the easy sidewalk at about 7:40 ish. Not sure if that’s helps. Hope you find him!

2. Lynda says:

Got an email spotting Sammy around 7:30p heading past the Nissan dealership toward Des Moines. Spent hours driving around there tonight trying to find him. Please let me know if there are any more sightings or if someone has him.

3. Shere'e says:

What a pretty boy. I hope you find him soon.

4. Cindy says:

I saw him running up first last night and he was seriously running. Hope you find him

• Lynda says:

How far down 1st Ave was he when you saw him? Have been combing the area repeatedly and haven’t heard anything.

5. jim says:

As far as I can tell, you haven’t posted an ad on craigslist for Sammy. I recommend that you do because that is the first place most people would look if they saw a dog running loose.

Also, your posters and fliers should tell people not to chase Sammy or try to catch him, as that will just make matters worse. People should just call you as soon as possible to tell you his location.

• Lynda says:

There is a notice in the lost and found and will also copy to the pet section.

6. Have you found him yet. I want to post this on our website if you haven’t.

7. Marianne says:

I am sorry that Sammy is lost. I will keep my eyes open for him. So sad the Albertson’s employees chased him out rather than trying to help him.

8. Lynda says:

Hanging posters of Sammy today. Have called all area Vet Hospitals and Shelters; posted on line on Craigslist, here and West Seattle blog. Have also been canvasing the area repeatedly at various times calling for him so disregard the crazy woman in the white truck yelling.

9. Lynda says:

Just got a call that someone saw Sammy on DesMoines Mem Dr and 152 near the freeway entrance. Husband went to check it out. Keep your fingers crossed!

10. Lynda says:

False alarm on Sammy. The dog turned out to be a German Shepherd in the area of Des Moines Mem Dr and 152nd. Went into a fenced off area that used to be apts and a bowling alley. Hope his owners can catch him as he is skittish like my dog.

• Irene says:

Have you considered contacting James Branson..3 Retrievers Pet Search..he’s in the Burien area..206 552 0304…he is responsible for many missing pets being helped….I hope you have friends/family out looking with you..leaving a food/water bowl out, blankie or bed in the event he comes home..? pls check out James’ page for excellent tips also…praying that your sweet baby is found/comes home..is where your dog went missing near your home? they have a tendency to stay nearby where they went missing…

• Lynda says:

Thanks for the tip; I’ll check his website out. Unfortunately Sammy got out a good distance from where we live – West Seattle. Haven’t had any physical help as someone searching with me, but have hung posters and let as many people know as possible that live in that area. I’m sure he’s scared and hungry, but is probably hiding away from commotion.

11. Lynda says:

Sammy is Home!!! Thank you Kristen for letting me know where he was and for feeding him since Friday. Sammy was found on the fenced lot at 152nd & DesMoines Mem Dr in Burien. He is now happily at home with his family. Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out for him!!

• Laura says:

Very happy you have your dog back….too bad you wrote off our original tip.

• Laura says:

Oh, and you’re welcome for the help we gave looking for your dog on our way out of town.

• Linda says:

I am glad that Sammy is home too…last time Laura and I saw him was on Sunday, June 9 in that fenced lot on 152nd & Des Moines Memorial Drive after he had come off of Highway 518…we called the owner immediately.