Winners announced from 2nd Annual ‘Burien Bites’ fundraiser
HomeTask hosted the second annual Burien Bites this past Sunday (June 2), with all registration proceeds going to local charities Highline Schools Foundation, Highline Area Food Bank, YETI, New Futures & SW Youth & Family, as well as the HomeTask Cares Foundation.
Burien Bites is a community event created to help raise money for local charities, where participants can get to know their neighbors and mingle and dine at local participating restaurants.
To participate in Burien Bites this year, each restaurant competed in the TOP CHEF Qualifier, which was held on March 20, a competition between local chefs which served as a qualifier event for Burien Bites. Each restaurant received a box of secret ingredients provided by Freggies and were given 90 minutes to make a dish with those ingredients (and whatever they had in their kitchen) them bring it back to judges for scoring all while being followed around by a Film Crew.
HomeTask is proud to announce the winners.
Burien Bites Top 3 Winning Restaurants:
- 1st Place – 909 Coffee & Wine
- 2nd Place – Maven Mercantile
- 3rd Place – Mama Sambusa’s African Kitchen
The rest of the restaurant participants in alphabetical order were:
- Bison Creek Pizza
- Chef 2 the Rescue (Catered the After Party)
- El Fogoncito
- Emerald Cove Catering
- Mark Restaurant
- Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub
- Sidestreet Kitchen & Bar
909 Coffee & Wine, like always, created the perfect combination of food and atmosphere to win the hearts of the attendees of Burien Bites for the second year in a row. Being the Top Chef Winner the stakes were high to create a dish that would impress each customer, and they did so with Agnolotti Stuffed with Rabbit and Sausage.
Maven Mercantile (formally known as Maven Meals) took over Hey Piason’s old location and wanted nothing more than to participate in Burien Bites. Heidi Pomeroy created the perfect welcome to the neighborhood offering of Pulled Bison, Chipotle Slaw and Parsnip Herb Biscuits. Sweeping the hearts and taste buds of many of the Burien Bites Attendees.
Mama Sambusa’s African Kitchen’s owner Marian Ahmed with a humble heart and willingness to serve the best possible experience to her customers, she did not disappoint. At times she had a line out her front door of Bite attendees wanting to try her delicious and locally famous Sambusas with the addition of rice and tempura Potatoes.
You can see customer reviews at: burienbites.com/home/obscure
During the after party, Jerrod Sessler announced the winners of the Top Chef Videos (see them all here):
- 1st Place: Mark Restaurant video by Maggie Garcia with Chris Powdin in association with Digital Circle Creative (http://youtu.be/NwBR0yaImmM)
- 2nd Place: Mick Kelly’s video by Anthony Tackett with Mark Anderson, Mickey McMullen, and George Watt in association with Freelance (http://youtu.be/on-yCdau6uM)
- 3rd Place 909 Coffee & Wine video by Justin Lapriore in association with Let’s Make Media (http://youtu.be/vnmAYquJpSE)
- 4th Place Emerald Cove Catering video by Peter Ray in association with Dark Dog Studios (http://youtu.be/oUp7GPEtxiU)
- 5th Sidestreet Kitchen video by Matt Wendland (http://youtu.be/Hpxq3o_DmYs)