Road delays possible on SR-518 near Sea-Tac Airport this weekend
Concrete panel replacement work on eastbound SR-518 near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport may cause delays Friday, June 7 through the morning of Sunday, June 9, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
All lanes of eastbound SR-518 will close overnight from South 154th Street to SR-99 on Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8. The eastbound closure is necessary while contractor crews tear out and replace dozens of cracked and failing concrete panels.
- Eastbound SR 518 at South 154th Street begins closing at 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday with all lanes closed by 10 p.m. Lanes will reopen daily by 10 a.m.
- The two left lanes of eastbound SR 518 between SR 99 and Interstate 5 are closed nightly from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. The far right lane entering from SR 99 and exiting to southbound I-5 will remain open.
- The eastbound SR 518 ramps to northbound I-5 and Interstate 405 will close nightly from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The southbound SR 99 ramp to eastbound SR 518 will close nightly from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Drivers will follow a signed detour to I-5.
- The eastbound exit to Airport Expressway remains open for drivers heading to Sea-Tac Airport. All other eastbound drivers will exit at South 154th Street and follow a signed detour to I-5.
- The Airport Expressway and northbound SR 99 ramps to eastbound SR 518. Drivers will stay in the far right lane after entering SR 518 and follow a signed detour to southbound I-5 to South 188th Street where they can detour back to northbound I-5 and I-405.
Drivers heading to the airport or nearby cities in the morning or evening hours should allow an extra 15 minutes to reach their destination.
This work is part of the SR 518 concrete pavement rehabilitation project to preserve and extend the life of the highway. Crews will also grind exist pavement. When completed, drivers will notice a smoother ride with improved traction and lane markings.