We’re blogging live from Burien’s Wild Strawberry Festival – for our 5th consecutive year – and all sorts of shiny cool cars are out on SW 152nd, with carnival rides on the other side, along with live music, arts, crafts, kids’ fun and more on the final day.
The fest runs until 4 p.m., and the rides will run “until close” (as in when crowds diminish enough after dark), so grab Dad and come on down for a great day.
Oh, and be sure to drop by The B-Town Blog’s booth next to the main stage near City Hall – we’ll be here blogging live all day, and we’re also raising funds for The Maury Island Incident , a locally-produced film that starts shooting June 28. Come buy a collectible wristband for $25 and you’ll not only support the production, you’ll get in FREE to see the film when it plays at the Tin Theater!
Here’s the schedule for Sunday, June 16 (open until 4 p.m.):
SW 152nd Street:
- 10am-4pm: Discover Burien Father’s Day Car Show & Chili Cook-Off
Town Square Stage (SW 152nd & 5th – our booth is right next to this!)
- 10:00am – 11:00am Cornerstone Burien Band (Rock/cover)
- 11:15am – 11:45am New City Dance Studio 
- 12:15pm – 1:00pm Git Hoan Dancers  – The People of the Salmon (Native American Dance)
- 1:30pm – 2:00pm Momentum Dance Studio 
- 2:30pm – 3:45pm Banda Vagos  (Latin Rock)
- 3:45pm – 4:00pm Chili Cook-Off winners announced
150th Street Performance Pavilion (SW 150th & 5th)
- 11:30am – 12noon RopeWorks
- 12noon – 1:00pm Shumba Marimba Ensemble 
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm RopeWorks
- 1:45pm – 2:45pm Abrace 
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Summer Januaries 
- 11:30am – 3:00pm Summer Januaries 
- 11:00am – 3:00pm The Laff Master–Mr Mario!
- 10:00am – 4:00pm Turtle Theater
Burien Parks and Recreation Booth (Saturday and Sunday): Come test your knowledge and answer questions about all things Burien Parks & Recreation. You could win a PRIZE!
The Wild Strawberry Festival is at Burien Town Square Park, near the intersection of SW 152nd and 5th Place SW:
Facebook Twitter Subscribe 
View Larger Map