Olde Burien Block Party will rock SW 152nd Street on Saturday, July 20
Local bands will rock a closed SW 152nd Street during the free Olde Burien Block Party, set for Noon – 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 20.
In addition to the great local live music, there will also be a sausage-eating contest, kids activities, drawing for a $500 shopping spree, beer gardens and fashion show.
The party is a thank you from Olde Burien merchants to customers and community for their support.
To enter the drawing to win a $500 Olde Burien shopping spree, just shop or dine on July 20 at participating businesses in Olde Burien. Each purchase provides participants tickets to enter the drawing. The shops will offer special deals, so it’s an ideal time to shop the unique wares of Olde Burien.
Enjoy live entertainment, from music to a fashion show, on an outdoor stage while savoring the food and drink of various Olde Burien eateries in their extended outdoor beer gardens. Take the stage as a competitor in the sausage-eating contest.
Family and Youngster Time from noon to 4 p.m. is brimming with diversions designed to please the younger set: games, the Balloon Man, story reading with Burien Little Theatre at Burien Books, crafts, prizes, face painting, treats and goodies, and Cross Fit kids activities. Get moving with hip-hop workshops, dance performances and creative dance workshops, courtesy of New City Dance Company.
On the bloack party’s entertainment stage roster are:
- 12-1 p.m. – Darrell Data (rock, jazz, blues, country)
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. – Lukas Grey (acoustic rock infused with blues, jazz and soul)
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Way Too Loose (rock rhythm & blues)
- 4-4:30 p.m. – Howard & Marge Fashion Show
- 4:30-5 p.m. – Sausage Eating Contest
- 5:15-6:15 p.m. – The 350s (power trio rock and blues)
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Three Tree Point Blues Band (classic rock and blues)
- 7:45-9 p.m. – The Pink Torpedoes (classic rock dance music)
- 9:15-10:30 p.m. – BCB (Burien City Ballbangers) (hard rock)
Here are some videos showcasing some of the bands you’ll see:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uYyyvgtKiM
This year 909, the Mark Restaurant & Bar and the Tin Room Bar are sponsoring the event.
The party will transform SW 152nd Street in Olde Burien between Ambaum Blvd. SW and 10 Ave Sw. That portion of 152nd will close to vehicular traffic around 9 a.m. For more information, call (206) 941-7199 or go online to www.shopoldeburien.com.