Hi-Liners’ ‘Shrek the Musical’ opens Saturday, Sept. 7
Burien’s Hi-Liners will be premiering ‘Shrek the Musical’ starting Sept. 7 at the Highline Performing Arts Center.
Full of all-new songs and great dancing, ‘Shrek the Musical’ is part romance, part twisted fairy tale and all irreverent fun for everyone!
“MainStage produces a major Broadway musical each year featuring a live orchestra and high-end production values. Students ages 9-22 participate in a rigorous audition and rehearsal process based on the Actor’s Equity Association model. Members of the cast are mentored and supported by local professionals in all fields of the theatre arts. In these productions we strive to meet the highest artistic standards and to provide our young actors with a truly memorable, quality experience.”
The show will play Sept. 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, and 22, Saturdays at 7:30, Sundays at 1:30, at the Highline Performing Arts Center.
All seats reserved, tickets $12 to $28, group rate available.
Tickets are available at www.hi-liners.org or call 206-617-2152.
Save $3 Per Ticket — Buy Your Tickets Online!
- September 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 & 22
- Saturday Shows at 7:30pm, Sunday Shows at 1:30pm
Online Ticket Prices
- Premium: $25 ($28 at-the-door)
- Adult: $18 ($21 at-the-door)
- Senior: $15 ($18 at-the-door)
- Student: $12 ($15 at-the-door)
- Child (12 & under): $12 ($15 at-the-door)
- Highline Performing Arts Center Directions
All Seats Reserved Buy Tickets
- Music by Jeanine Tesori
- Book and Lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire
- Based on the DreamWorks Animation Motion Picture and the book by William Steig
- Director Kathleen Edwards
- Musical Director RJ Tancioco
- Choreographer Daniel Cruz
Two Acts, Rated G
SHREK THE MUSICAL, based on the Oscar® winning DreamWorks film that started it all, brings the hilarious story of everyone’s favorite ogre to dazzling new life on the stage.
In a faraway kingdom turned upside down, things get ugly when an unseemly ogre — not a handsome prince — shows up to rescue a feisty princess. Throw in a donkey who won’t shut up, a bad guy with a SHORT temper, a cookie with an attitude and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits, and you’ve got the kind of mess that calls for a real hero. Luckily, there’s one on hand…and his name is Shrek.
Full of all-new songs and great dancing, SHREK THE MUSICAL is part romance, part twisted fairy tale and all irreverent fun for everyone!
Produced by The Hi-Liners Musical Theatre MainStage.
Featuring actors ages 9 to 22.