Walk-n-Talk – and BARK – this Sunday!
It’s Walk-n-Talk time.
It’s also Dog Park time.
Our friends at WABI Burien have decided to combine the two with a ‘Walk-n-Talk-n-Bark’ event this Sunday, Dec. 1!
Also – did you know that Burien is in the running for the 2013 Beneful Dream Dog Park $500,000 Makeover Contest? We’re the only finalist in Washington State!
Until Dec. 5, you can also “VOTE DAILY FOR KELLIE AND BAILEY”, casting a vote for Burien’s “Pirate Pup Beach” dog park. Vote now!
Local B-Town D.O.G. (Dog Owners Group), headed by Kellie and her dog Bailey, wants to create a “Pirate Pup Beach” at the new dog park at Lakeview Park, on 160th.
“I would do a pirate themed park with a large and small “oceans”, walk the plank agility see saw, a “sunken” ship to climb on. Sandy beach around the water features for the pups to tear around in and a grassy area for those landlubber doggies who just want to run and fetch. They could jump or climb up over sized seashells. I’d also have a place for their humans to sit and interact sitting at driftwood tables with treasure chest benches. A drinking trough would be filled by a whale blow hole fountain.”
Watch this video reenactment of Bailey’s dream:
On Sunday, Dec. 1, the Walk-n-Talk day, the dog park dreamers are holding a rally, starting at Burien Town Square, then walking south to the dog park site for festivities, speakers and prizes. Come hang out with the pirates from “Bailey’s Dream” meet them IN PERSON! Bring out your own inner pirate by donning your own pirate gear and joining in the fun.
Option #1 – 1:00 Meet at Town Square and Join the Dog Park “Parade”:
- 1:00pm Gather at Town Square
- 1:30pm Grab our signs and begin our journey to Lakeview
- 2:00pm (approx) Arrive at Lakeview Park and claim it pirate territory by planting our pirate flag!
- 2:30pm Guest speakers
- 3:00pm Token giveaway prize provided by Beneful (Thanks!)
Option #2 – 2:00 Meet at the Dog Park:
- 2:00pm Gather at the Dog Park (Lakeview Park). Greet the dogs and walkers as they arrive. (Lakeview Off Leash Area, S.W. 160th and 6th SW)
- 2:30pm Begin our Walk-n-Talk, doing a loop west and south into Gregory Heights.
For questions, comments and suggestions, please contact: Maureen Hoffmann at email@example.com.